Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, August 15

Almost Time!

**The blog might look a little messy for the next couple of days. Our server will be down while we're moving. Should be better by Monday (hopefully).**


In less than 2 days we will officially be home-owner's again! You cannot guess how happy that makes me. Right now that is what is keeping me motivated since I am SO tired of packing! I just keep thinking to myself, "Two more days and we won't be moving again for at least 5 years! No more dealing with a landlord who doesn't fix anything and we'll have Pooh Bear back too."

I keep telling Logan what is going on but he's too young to understand. Every time I tape a box up he runs over and says, "What you donin Mommy?"


Maybe we'll just decorate his room with boxes since that is what he enjoys playing with most of the time. He loves pushing Moosey or Whaley in them.


I've packed up another 10 boxes today – I have no idea where all this stuff was hiding! Thankfully Mike has been carrying out the boxes each night that I work so I don't have to stare at them all day. And they're not taking up space in the apartment.


I will be so glad once we're moved – No more dealing with landlords. They will not allow us to have someone, other than a specific company, shampoo the carpets. Which means they'll be keeping at least $85 of our security deposit. Who knows how much else they'll try to keep.


I called the cable/internet company on Monday – they had an opening on Friday to come out. I won't have to go without my lovely internet! J

Auntie Shelia has decided to be "gullible" again and watch Logan on Friday while we sign the closing papers and begin to get moved in. My Mom & Dad are thinking about taking Logan up to the lake this weekend with them which would be great since it would make unpacking go quite a bit faster without our little helper being there.

This has turned into a rambling post. I'll get back to packing now.

10 Comments:

Blogger The Beast Mom said...

I don't think I realized you were sans dog this whole time. :) Guess it was one less thing to worry about though! Only 2 more wks and your life will start to become normal again!

-bm

8/15/2007 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful
no landlord who doesnt do anything
we do have a landlord like that and theres nothing we can do about it

keep up the good work

love the photo

8/15/2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

That will be so awesome to put down solid roots for at least 5 years, eh? :-) I know that moving stinks and all the crap that goes along with it, but you will be in your place and doing what you love with your family, and that will be wonderful! Hang in there, you are this close!

Hugs!

8/15/2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I love rambling posts! They make more sense than MY rambling posts if that makes you feel better! We took Scooter to the closing signing because we didn't have another choice and guess what. It was a nightmare.

We had a landlord like that--from H-E-double-hockey-sticks. If I were nicer, I wouldn't even be thinking some of the mean thoughts that are currently going through my head about her. Oh. I'm so mad now I need to go. And that was two years ago that we dealt with her. *grimace*

8/15/2007 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I love settling into a new house (not unpacking... but nesting).

I hope you have a smooth and easy move!

8/15/2007 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! Almost to the finish line! It is so wonderful to have your family around to help with Logan while you get all the official stuff done, and get some things moved in! I hope it all goes smoothly (i.e. no rain or injuries to anyone) and can't wait to see some pictures of what you decide to do with the place!

Oh yeah, and yea for no landlord! I hate it when they decide things have to be a certain. We had issues with our landlord who charged us for painting even though the walls were pretty much untouched! Oh well. I guess that's part of renting.

Have a great week!

8/16/2007 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooo Hooo! Almost moving day! How exiting! I bet you're exited to get your dog back and I've sure Logan will love all the new space to play. Have a great moving weekend.

8/16/2007 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya - It sounds like you have had a busy summer! I am so happy for you to be back in a house. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in an apt after being in a house for so long.

Good luck in the closing and the move!

8/16/2007 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just at Shana, and saw that comment you didn't know what you would do without a computer, this is cute, cause i'm wondering the same thing. Congrats on being new owners, hope everything goes well. Take good care.

8/16/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

TWO MORE DAYS! What a long haul it's been for you!

8/21/2007 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)