Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, August 8

Quirky Cannon Beach

These are some pictures that I took while in Cannon Beach. I thought they portray the perfect beach mentality - we'll get to it when we can.


We saw SO many signs that said something along this line. And every single time it cracked me up!!



Grace & I saw this on the last night that we spent in Cannon Beach. It was too funny (and true) to pass up taking a picture of.


*In case you're unable to read all of it, it says:


Bathroom: 1000 feet from Info. Center!


Beach: Stop when hat is floating!


And the last line: NO we don't know when the rain will start or stop!



This last picture has to be the most interesting. Not sure if you can make them out that clearly but there are two baggies filled with water that are hung at the top of the door. Does anyone have any idea why they are there? They were hung from MANY of the businesses in the area. (I do know the reason, which I'll post later, I'm just curious what everyone else thinks.)


*Anyone that was with me on the trip - no spilling the beans!!! Hahahaha*

6 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I wonder how long it will take people to figure it out! :-) No it is not a trick to hit the 100th person to enter the store!

8/08/2007 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Logan!!!!!!

Ok, I was stumped, so I turned to Google for help ('baggie water door'). Interesting. Ever hung your own baggie?

I hope you're all doing well and enjoying your summer. How's the new job?

Honor

8/08/2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tanya!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I laughed my BUTT OFF at those signs. YOu would see something like that in Maine, hands down!

HUGS!!

Alicia

8/09/2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Interesting... Never heard of that before!!

I hope you are doing well! Sounds like you are having lots of fun in Maine. That's one place I'd like to visit someday. Well, anyplace on the east coast. Never been to that side of the country before! LOL.

Take care and have fun!!!

Sarah

8/09/2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I might have to Google this too, but my official guess has something to do with mosquitos or other bugs? I'm thinking the water attracts them (maybe it's actually sugar water?) and keeps them from getting into the building. Or something. Now I'll Google it. LOVED the signs!!! (left a msg for logan on bday blog)

8/09/2007 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It keeps the flies away!!! Or so they say. This is one for MythBusters.

http://hardwareaisle.thisoldhouse.com/2008/06/bag-o-water-fri.html

7/18/2008 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)