Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, July 26

Saturday the 21st

We woke up to rain again. But luckily it was just a light sprinkle. After breakfast we decided to risk it and walk down to the sand. I'm so happy we did! We walked out to the famous Haystack rock and it was the perfect time of day to do it – low tide. We had the privilege of examining a marine garden. When the tide is low almost all of Haystack rock is exposed so many tourists take the opportunity to walk around the tide pools and examine the living sea creatures in the water. We saw everything from baby crab to sea anemones to starfish. It was so interesting! We also spent some time visiting with a lady who works for the Oregon state park system. We found out quite a bit from her. For instance, did you know that starfish do not have eyes or an actual brain?

After getting back to the cottages we decided to drive down to Tillamook and tour the cheese factory. We stopped in Garibaldi and picked up my Aunt Arliss. It was great to be able to visit with her for a bit. We had a lovely lunch at The Blue Heron. Jeri & I even did a bit of wine tasting while we were there. And I'm surprised to say I tasted a couple that I really enjoyed. I might even have to order a bottle or two J The cheese factory was interesting as always. And I couldn't go there without having the wonderful white licorice ice cream. I also picked up some cheese to bring back. You just can't go to a cheese factory without buying some cheese!


That evening we enjoyed a lovely dinner of ribs (provided by Becca's husband Mitch), fettuccini alfredo, and Caesar salad. It was a wonderful night of staying in and just visiting with the other ladies. After dinner we played a game of Scrabble (I won) and then Becca & Jeri retired to their room. Christina, Grace & I stayed up after 1 am just talking. It was so great just visiting with other women. I don't think I went to bed before 1 am the entire time I was there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Tillamook Cheese is my favorite!! It sounds like it's been a fabulous time! :D

7/26/2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

What a great picture of you! I enjoyed the marine garden a lot too, well worth the walk.

7/26/2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Tillamook cheese is wonderful, but can you imagine the stares you get now if you try to get it home with the TSA alert? :-)

7/26/2007 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)