Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, July 24

Friday – the 20th

Well for once they were correct when the weather forecast came in – rain all day. It kept changing back and forth from misting to big drops and some wind thrown in just for good measure. We made the best of the day though.

We started out by having breakfast at the Pig N Pancake restaurant – I decided to treat myself to Dungeness crab eggs benedict. I was not disappointed – they were SO good! After having breakfast we headed over to Seaside and hit the outlet mall there. I managed to find some stuff (as if there was any doubt) for myself and Logan (why is he so darn easy to buy for???). Once we got back to Cannon Beach we shopped some more and of course I found more gifts and a couple things for myself. I am so glad I brought an empty suitcase with!


Friday night we treated ourselves to a very upscale restaurant in the area. The Wayfarer – it was phenomenal! I had the calamari along with an organic arugula salad. The salad was made with fresh pears, hazelnuts, blue cheese and a clover-honey-raspberry vinaigrette. I have to admit though, I've never had calamari with whole baby squids thrown in for good measure. It was interesting but so, so yummy.


After dinner we headed back to Becca & Jeri's little cottage for some more visiting and card playing. We ended up playing "Nerts" – which is a combination of solitaire and speed. It's a game that's meant to be played quickly and can often get too loud. Apparently Grace & I were a little too loud for the staff that lives behind that cottage. They had the nerve to knock on our wall! We were not remotely loud – come listen to my family play nerts, now that is LOUD!!


I had a wonderful time on this trip with the other gals. I'm so glad I was able to still make it on the trip even though we moved back to ND. It's been so relaxing and something I think I really needed. It's the first time I've been away from Logan for so long but I think it's something every Mom needs to experience and treat themselves to.


1 Comments:

Blogger The Beast Mom said...

I really want more eggs benedict right in this moment. ;)

Hope you're "re-entering" into regular life ok. I'm running on slow gear in my re-entry. But I have a renewed happiness in being around the kids 24/7 again. So that's good. I was feeling pretty blah about that before the trip and needed a little break I guess. It's a sure sign when you lock all the bathroom doors and stay there w/ a novel for an hour that you just might need a mommy break. :)

-bm

7/26/2007 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)