Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, June 27

August 17th

August 17th – that is the day that will take forever to arrive. That is the day we will sign the papers to once again be homeowner's. We went out house hunting on Monday evening. I didn't really have my hopes up because we've seen so many houses and none really caught our eye. We looked at three houses that night. We both loved the first one. As soon as we got home from looking at the houses we called our realtor up and told her we would like to make an offer on the house. It is a multi-level home (4 total levels), 2 car garage, and almost 2500 sq. ft. It has 3 bedrooms upstairs and one in the basement, three living rooms, 1 full bathroom and 2 that are ¾. There are nice hardwood floors in the kitchen, dining room and one of the living rooms and a nice size deck off of the dining room. There is also surround sound in the 2 lower living rooms (selling point for Mike – hahahaha), the entire house is finished which is so nice. We've looked at so many houses that had at least one level unfinished. There is a nice shed in the backyard and enough room for a swing set. I don't think a lot of things will need to be done in the house either – there is wallpaper in the kitchen and dining room that will need to be removed and the main bathroom might need to be painted eventually. The neighborhood seems really nice too. We saw some little kids running around so I think Logan will have some kids a little older to play with. Another bonus – it is 0.7 miles from my Mom & Dad's.

Our realtor came over that night and we wrote up an offer. The next morning (Tuesday) we got a call from her. Another offer was going to be coming in that day and she wanted to know if we wanted to change ours. (We had offered them 10k below their asking point and 3k in closing costs.) We decided to change our offer, hoping that it would make them choose us. Later that afternoon Joy (our realtor) called and said their realtor had called and wanted just some general information about us. Joy told her we had recently moved back to the area and had an almost 2 year old son. I guess the seller's were trying to decide which one of us would make a good "fit" in the neighborhood. They have a larger family (4 young kids). I'm not sure what exactly made them choose us but I'm sure Logan had something to do with it. I guess he isn't just useful during tax season ;) Hahahaha!

The inspection for the home is tomorrow so as long as that goes well the only thing left to do is get our financing finished up. Then the wait begins!



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations S family! What a fabulous house. We took possession of our house on August 17th 2005 - must be a lucky homeownership day. :) The waiting is SO difficult.

I'll try to update more often. Just for you. I usually end up being crazy-busy for several days in a row, then things get kinda slow, so then I have to update. I hate the once a week thing MORE than you do - there are so many things I'd like to write down just so we have a record of it int he years to come, and then I don't get a chance to blog so I lose it. Grrrr.

The ballfields here are crap. We usually play on school fields and in one city park, and they are all bad. I guarantee ANY small town in WA has better fields than here. Such a sad state of affairs. Thanks for your supportive comments - we're hoping there's a favorable outcome, too.

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying some family time. Take care, and have a fabulous week!

Honor

(blogger won't let me log in!!)

6/27/2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

That is awesome! You are going to be so busy! You better come and be prepared to party like a rock star with us next month! Before we lose you to the boxes and packing again!

6/27/2007 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

August 17th – is the day after my older sons 12th birthday
Im guessing hes feeling the same way

CONGRATULATIONS its lovely and BIG

6/27/2007 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you! Wish I could find that kind of house here, but even in little old Lincoln, Nebraska that's an expensive home. *sigh* someday though. I know it will be so nice for you to be homeowners again and get out of that apartment! And what a bonus being so close to family!

Good luck! I love the pictures!

6/28/2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

I really hope the closing goes well and smooth - concentrate on how fast Logan is growing and I'm sure the time will FLY!

I really like the fish video - isn't Logan just the ham?? :)

6/28/2007 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That is great!! A house is so exciting!!!!

THanks so much for the birthday wishes!!!!!!!!!!!

6/28/2007 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya-

Thanks so much for your kind note. The house looks great! Good luck on the move.

May your closing be swift and painless (as painless as writing the largest check of your life can be...)

6/29/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Holy said...

I hear ya on the eye-catching bit. We, too, looked at many a home but something about each one would have me saying nah, nope, no, nada....

Until the one we bought. I had my eye on it on the net for awhile - it really captivated me for whatever reason - and then, after the price had dropped and I actually became intrigued enough to go hmmmm...it's still on the market, I went to look at it and the minute I stepped in, I just had this sense, looking down into the backyard of feeling at home....strange feeling, but I've felt it in each house we have boughten. So I trusted the instinct - there's no explaining it...it's a Goldilocks decision.

Glad to hear you guys will be able to get a yard for Logan - perfect age. And I love that you have a 4 level house - we had a 4 level split for our first house and we loved it.

So we'll both be in moving mode this summer, it looks like.

We close Saturday (get the keys) and I think we do all the escrow signing tomorrow or the next day. I've heard there's so much paperwork to sign, your hand gets sore.

See you in a couple of weeks!

7/02/2007 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful house! Congratulations to you on the find... I'm so glad you found something that looks like it will work out for you.

7/08/2007 1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)