Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, June 3

Working Girl

Well, it's official. I have a job – outside the home. I got the call on Thursday. Unfortunately, I don't start until the 18th though. I decided to get a part-part-time job working in retail once again. It's a way for me to hopefully meet some people in the area and make a little bit of money. I think it will also be nice for Mike & Logan, they'll get to spend some time without Mommy around constantly. I'll be working at a bookstore (pretty much the only one) in the area. The only part I'm worried about is spending all (or more) of what I make at the job. I LOVE books, but this should also help me branch out on my reading.

I'm not sure how many hours I'll be getting right away; I don't think it will be that many during the summer. But the manager did say that I should be able to get more hours once fall and the holidays come around. I'm hoping to work 2 or 3 nights a week and a weekend every once in a while. I think this will be a nice change to our family and hopefully will make me a little more patient with Logan.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

I love the changes and congrats on the new job. I'm sure it'll be great! :)

6/03/2007 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS
LOL would be my problem working in a bookstore too

6/03/2007 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the flying-in photos at the top. It's looks great, especially with the bottom photos still so clear. Logan has sure matured a lot in the last few months. He's gone from a baby to being a boy. So amazing.

Congrats on the new job! I, too, love books, so I'd be in real trouble.

I hope you're all enjoying the start to your summer. It's 95 here today, but expected to be back in the 60s by mid-week. Not sure if I'm happy or sad to have some cooler temps!

Honor

6/03/2007 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! I think it will be so good for you to get some time for you, where you are not being the mommy! I hope it's all you want it to be (and you don't spend all the money on books (I did that with Charis's clothes when I worked there)!

6/04/2007 8:11 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Congrats on the job! Now you are going to be a book maven, too! Woohoo!

6/04/2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Hurray! I'm so excited for your job!! I am so happy that you get to get out and make a little money. I would love to work in a bookstore--even working with difficult customers is not so bad when you're surrounded by so many thousands of yummy-smelling books. :D Congratulations!!!!! p.s. I think your family will definitely appreciate you more when you're gone a little bit. :)

6/04/2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Congrats on the job! I hope you have a great time having conversations with adults where you actually get to finish your sentences!

Remember, though, you can't tell your customers "Because I'm the mom and I said so." ;) But I bet you never say that anyway. (I gave up... and did. More than once. LOL)

Enjoy the job, the books, and the extra income.

Jeri

6/04/2007 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great!! Congrats!!
I love books too!!

6/05/2007 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)