Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, May 22

Saling Here We Come

On Saturday I went garage saling with my Aunt and my cousin's girlfriend. I think almost every sale we hit we found something. I got some great deals, including a radio for my Dad to take to work, some new paperback books, and a Little Tikes workbench for Logan (I can't find a picture of it online, I think it's an older model. It's the one that has a work table and pegboard and is two sided). I'm thinking of saving that for his birthday. It didn't have any of the tools but it was only $5!! What a steal! I also got an electric wok for only $1 – I tried it out today and it worked great. I struck out when it came to clothes for Logan though. I think I only found one shirt, a pair of pants, and a pair of shorts. Not that he really needs anything but I was hoping to get a couple things that I can leave up at the lake cabin. I also got about 2 dozen canning jars for only $4. Hopefully I'll be making some salsa this summer J OH, I almost forgot I found a glass microwave tray that fits our microwave! Here is the back story on that: when we moved we packed the glass plate in a box, we have no idea what box we put it in. I have been searching on the internet to try to find a replacement plate for our microwave and had no luck at all. I found it at one of the last garage sales we stopped at AND at the same one where I got the wok. Both items were only $1!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great finds! Wish I had the time to go garage saling around here!

5/22/2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love, love, love my garage sales you know. Sadly, it's much more difficult to do it with two in tow so I'll have to live vicariously. :-)

5/22/2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I wish that we had those kind of garage sales around here. The table will turn up when you least expect it!

5/22/2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

For some reason, my eye read your title as "Sailing Here we Come" and then interpreted Logan's orange tee as a life jacket. I was then very confused by your talk of garage sales.

I think I need sleep.

Great scores, though, especially the microwave turntable! :)

5/23/2007 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done
theres a place down the road that regularly has garage sales Im going to go and check it out one of these days

5/23/2007 2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)