Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, May 15

Another Sign of Summer

On Mother's Day we went to our hometown to visit Mike's side of the family. While we were there Mike, Logan, and some of the Aunts went to the farm where Pooh Bear is staying. Logan had a blast over there since his great great Uncle Louie has TWO big tractors, nine cats, and of course Pooh Bear. While they were gone, the rest of us were talking about ticks and how they were getting bad already. I didn't think anything of it when they got back to Ma's (Mike's Grandma).

Yesterday I was snuggling with Logan when I noticed he had a black mark behind one of his ears. I thought it was some dirt or chocolate so I went for a closer look. Any guesses as to what it was?? A TICK!! Eew, eew, eew!! I called Mike in a panic; thankfully he was on his way home from work. I waited for him to get here and then we began trying to get the tick off of Logan. Thank goodness the tick wasn't inside Logan at all. We had a tweezers to try to get the bugger off of him. At first Mike tried but Logan was squirming and screaming too much. So we switched, Mike held Logan while I had control of the tweezers. After the third try I finally got him off of Logan. Now all that remains is a little red mark behind his ear. I guess it's just another sign that summer is coming to ND.


And speaking of Mother's Day – I had a great one. I was treated to breakfast in bed which consisted of waffles, sausage, and scrambled eggs. I then received a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble and another one to a day spa here. I cannot wait to go and get a massage!

4 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I am so glad that you had a great Mother's Day! Eww about the tick! I am glad that you got it off! I am looking forward to meeting you, too! Life isn't always fair, and rarely perfect, but it is what it is, and we learn to make the most of it! :-)

Hugs,
B

5/15/2007 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like Mike and Logan had a great time

we dont have ticks in New Zealand
pleased you got it off Logan

enjoy that massage wont you :)

5/15/2007 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

The tick is icky. I would've started itching and "feeling" ticks on me, too. There was an outbreak of head lice in Christopher's class, and bro-in-law's three kids are currently battling a nasty infestation, so when Chris brought home the note about the lice in his class, I just KNEW I had it too. I scratched my scalp bloody in places. Of course, when hubby checked me, I didn;t have any, but my imagination freaked me out. Anyhow, I'm pretty much a freak when it comes to blood-suckers. *shivers*

Hope you're enjoying your nice weather and having a great week.

Honor

5/16/2007 1:05 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I FLIPPIN' HATE TICKS!!! Jonathan sprayed our yard and it protects against ticks. uhhh, yuck. Watch out for Pooh too... our dogs in Kansas City ALWAYS got ticks imbedded in their fur. eew, gross, just thinking about it...
And... Tag! You're It!

5/16/2007 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)