Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, May 18

New Vocabulary

It's been a little while since I've made a list of some of Logan's newest words. Here goes:


Nice – anytime he sees a truck or cycle go by he usually says, "nice truck" or "nice cycle"


  • Pretty – this is another word that accompanies the words truck or cycle

  • Diesalaur - dinosaur

  • Read it – if he would like you to read a book

  • Elbo – elmo

  • COOKIE – he says this in a very deep voice. It cracks me up every time!

  • Hode you – he says this while raising up his arms to be held

  • Wogan - Logan

  • And this last one we are so very proud of. Logan has begun to say any and all words that begin with "f", but instead of making the "fffff" sound he makes a "sh" sound. So just imagine our joy when something doesn't "fit" and he decides to repeatedly tell us that it doesn't "fit". And if you don't acknowledge that it doesn't "fit" he just continues to say it louder and louder. He let the ladies know that the train didn't fit together when he was getting his picture taken a couple of weeks ago. To say I got a little red in the face is an understatement.

I know that there are a lot more, but that's all I can come up with right now. He's also begun to string two or three words together. Our little guy is growing up!

5 Comments:

Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Those were some short-term banners! What's goin' on with your server??

IT'S SO FUN THAT THE KIDS ARE STARTING TO TALK!!!!! Scooter's starting to link words together and make little sentences. I can hardly believe my luck! You know the words he seems to have the hardest time saying? "Please," "Thank you," and "You're welcome." Although he deigns to say "You're welcome" more often than the other two. He is SO stubborn! :)

"Pretty" at our house means you just had your diaper changed or you're wearing jewelry. (As in (A)"You're all pretty now!" (S) "All pretty!" or (A) "Mama's necklace is pretty!" (S) "Neck-lace!" We like "'Osaurs" too. And "tr" is usually "f" so instead of "fit" we have the mother of all: "truck." I try to laugh it off, but honestly!

I love the talking entries. It reminds me that I need to do a better job of recording Scooter's speech development. :)

5/19/2007 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how fun! I can just imagine. Charis talks, but we only understand a small portion of what she is saying, mostly because of context, but she is getting there. Kevin and I joke, it's probably good she doesnt' really talk yet, and can't tell all our secrets! She just repeats things (luckily nothing bad yet). This weekend, her grandparents kept saying "hey you" so at one point, when grandpa kept tickling her, she turned to him and pushed his hand away, saying "hey you!". I about died. It was just too funny.

Anyway, Talk to you soon!

5/21/2007 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clever boy especially since hes beginning to string words together

5/23/2007 2:22 AM  
Blogger Holy said...

Wow - I'm impressed at the Wogan - the closest our kids came was Woe Wa....so that was a nickname for quite sometime, Baby Woe Wa ....still is when he's feeling very cuddly and sucky and mama's boy. :)

5/23/2007 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When kids are learning to talk, it's just such a cute thing! It's funny you mention the whole "SH" for the "F" sound. I hear stories of my hubby from his mom... I guess instead of the "TR" sound, he'd use the "F" sound instead. So, Fire TRuck became something else completely! LMAO!!

I hope you have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. I'll visit again soon!

Sarah

5/27/2007 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)