Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, June 19

Weekend (and Monday) Update

Saturday we went to the zoo with Taylor. It was Children's Day there (which we didn't know about); they had different activities for the kids to do along with prizes for them to win. Of course I didn't bring my camera with L They also had a fire truck that the kids could sit in AND they had the hoses out. Logan got to help a fireman put out a "fire" – I wish I could have gotten a picture of him holding the hose.

After the zoo we went out to lunch and then stopped and had cheesecake. It was so yummy! I had a slice of chocolate malt, Mike had caramel Oreo cookie, and Taylor had a slice of the turtle one. Next time I'm definitely getting the caramel Oreo J Once we were done with lunch we came home so Logan could nap. We were hoping to go to the waterpark once he woke up but it was raining and lightning out so the park was closed. Hopefully we can go next weekend or one night this week.

Sunday was Father's Day so we took Mike out to lunch at his favorite BBQ restaurant. After lunch we tried (unsuccessfully) to get Logan down for a nap. He simply refused to go down! It was my Grandpa's 81st birthday on Sunday so we went to the party for a bit. Logan enjoyed running around with his cousin and playing the piano with Uncle Taylor. It was so muggy out though that we didn't stay for long.

Monday was my big day – it was my first day back to work since Logan was 2 months old! I was so nervous and worried that I wouldn't enjoy myself. I'm not sure what I was thinking though since I'll be surrounded by books. I've already got a list forming in my head of what I must buy. Some really cool things about my job:

-30% discount on merchandise

-50% discount in the café

-they have a book loan program for employees which means I can borrow any hardcover book for up to 2 weeks and as long as it's returned in good condition I don't have to buy it. I can see my reading skyrocketing already!!

-the manager has been great and so willing to give me a great schedule. For the next 3 weeks I'll be working 3 nights/week. This will help me save up some money for my upcoming trip to Cannon Beach! She has been so flexible with scheduling me on days that I would prefer and when I told her I would need a week off at the end of July she had no problem with that at all.

-Last night was mainly paperwork and reading but because of my banking experience she wants me to help count the cash drawers at the end of the night. She mentioned several times that she thinks I'm going to do great. I even helped a customer find a book last night J

That's it for my updates for now. I work on Wednesday and Friday this week – wish me luck!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, when I buy my 'brand-new' book it might not actually be brand new? That would explain the crusties I've found between pages before! What a fabulous program - I might have to go out and interview at a bookstore just for that reason! I'm glad you're getting some "alone" time. I know you're not technically alone, but you're responsible only for you during that time. :)

The zoo sounds like tons of fun. We're pretty much booked up through late July here, so no fun trips anywhere until then. It's sad that our spontaneous summer isn't so spontaneous. On the plus side, we've got baseball 6 days a week!

I hope you're all doing well and enjoying your summer. Take care!

Honor

6/19/2007 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Logan had a wonderful, interesting and educational morning at the zoo

The 81st party sounds good :)

your job sounds awesome and what a nice boss you have

6/19/2007 8:51 PM  
Blogger Holy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Good luck tomorrow - I'll check back to see how it went.

I can't wait to work - 10 months time if all goes well. We have our medical exam for our green cards scheduled for this Friday.

Cheers!

6/20/2007 12:11 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

hurray for work! It has got to be wonderful to hang around books all day. :) How's Logan doing with the separation? He's such a secure little kid. :) Scooter is mostly secure but he gets REALLY worked up when I leave. We get it under control and then we go on a trip without Daddy. :) We'll see if it starts all over again.

6/20/2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend and I'm so glad your work schedule is working out so well!

6/21/2007 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great start to your new job - I'm glad they're so flexible and supportive on your schedule!

And - I'm a double dark chocolate cheesecake kinda gal. ;)

6/21/2007 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - the picture on my site is from a new discovery - http://www.jupiterimages.com/ - if you register (rolling my eyes) they have a really big selection of royalty free, public-use images. :)

6/22/2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)