I want to fly away. Yeah, yeah.
- Today I spent at least 1/3 of my day either in the air or waiting at an airport. Ah, the joys of flying out of a city with only two airlines. Did you know that some airports aren't open 24 hours? Mine happens to be one of those – they don't open until 4 am. Guess you would never know unless you arrived at 3:55 for a 5 am flight huh? I could get into the airport but the airline kiosks weren't even on.
- While waiting for my connection to leave Minneapolis I had the pleasure of sitting beside a gentleman who decided he needed to read the entire newspaper aloud. Needless to say I moved.
- Did you know some airports offer free Wi-Fi while others do not? Minneapolis charges $7.95 for a day of internet usage. What a rip off – I think I'll just sit and type up some blog fodder.
- People watching at the airport is not nearly as fun as doing it at the mall – might have something to do with the fact that if you act too crazy you'll be taken away quite quickly. That would be interesting to watch though.
- I saw the most amazing sunrise this morning while in the air. The horizon was a mixture of red, orange and yellow. As the sun began to peak up it was this brilliant red. I wish I had snapped a picture instead of slamming down the window shade and falling back asleep.
- Have you ever fallen asleep while on an airline only to dream that you were falling and proceed to wake up by jumping a little? Then after waking up you realize your head was resting on the passenger (read: complete stranger) next to you and you were drooling a little. Yeah, me neither.
We have arrived in Cannon Beach and it's been great! The weather is perfect here. Tomorrow we're hoping to check out some of the local shopping in town. Oh, and I've already found a place that has white licorice ice cream J Yum!!