Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, July 19

I want to fly away. Yeah, yeah.

  • Today I spent at least 1/3 of my day either in the air or waiting at an airport. Ah, the joys of flying out of a city with only two airlines. Did you know that some airports aren't open 24 hours? Mine happens to be one of those – they don't open until 4 am. Guess you would never know unless you arrived at 3:55 for a 5 am flight huh? I could get into the airport but the airline kiosks weren't even on.
  • While waiting for my connection to leave Minneapolis I had the pleasure of sitting beside a gentleman who decided he needed to read the entire newspaper aloud. Needless to say I moved.
  • Did you know some airports offer free Wi-Fi while others do not? Minneapolis charges $7.95 for a day of internet usage. What a rip off – I think I'll just sit and type up some blog fodder.
  • People watching at the airport is not nearly as fun as doing it at the mall – might have something to do with the fact that if you act too crazy you'll be taken away quite quickly. That would be interesting to watch though.
  • I saw the most amazing sunrise this morning while in the air. The horizon was a mixture of red, orange and yellow. As the sun began to peak up it was this brilliant red. I wish I had snapped a picture instead of slamming down the window shade and falling back asleep.
  • Have you ever fallen asleep while on an airline only to dream that you were falling and proceed to wake up by jumping a little? Then after waking up you realize your head was resting on the passenger (read: complete stranger) next to you and you were drooling a little. Yeah, me neither.

We have arrived in Cannon Beach and it's been great! The weather is perfect here. Tomorrow we're hoping to check out some of the local shopping in town. Oh, and I've already found a place that has white licorice ice cream J Yum!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

You have had a very long day, and I hope that by now your head is resting on a pillow and you are dreaming of pigs in a blanket! This has been a blast! Now what kind of damage will we do to poor Cannon Beach tomorrow?

But I have to tell you, by the time stamp, I got my entry up before yours! So there!

7/20/2007 12:12 AM  
Blogger Holy said...

white licorice ice cream? awesome - my fave is grape ice cream - if you see any, you must let me know - happy shopping day!

7/20/2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have NEVER been on a commercial airplane. EVER! I've been in hubby's little airplane a few times.

An airport not open 24 hrs? I've never heard of such a thing. I guess that's why being near a big city can be slightly more convenient although not as quiet.

Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. Have a great time!!

7/20/2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

lol at "yeah me neither". :)

I'm so glad you came all the way out for our trip! You're sitting on the chair across the room from me waiting for me to get off this computer so we can go to low-tide. So I'm getting off now. :)

-bm

7/21/2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

SO FUN!! I love reading the details of the trip--you sound particularly feisty in this one! I guess I would too if 1/3 of my day were having to do with airports and planes... Oh wait. I've done that too! :)

7/24/2007 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)