Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, August 3

Busy, Busy Weekend

This weekend was full of fun! Friday night we had Logan's birthday party. I think we had over 20 people at our house. Thursday afternoon he took a 3 hour nap and the day of his party - no nap at all. Which meant he ended up having a couple of time-outs spent in his room that evening. Other than that, the party was a great time. He made a haul when it came to presents and he loved his cake. I decided not to bake a cake this year - I figured it was one less thing that I would have to stress about. So I went to Sam's Club and got him a dinosaur cake (that he helped pick out) - he loved it! Saturday there was a craft show in town so we headed to that before it got too blasted hot (high for the day was 93*). We got up there shortly before lunch. They didn't have anything that I wanted to buy so we ate lunch up there, bought some kettle corn and then headed home so Logan could take a nap. The previous night + the fresh air must have worn him out because he went down immediately for a nap without protesting at all. Saturday night one of Logan's aunts babysat him so that Mike, Taylor and I could go and see Jeff Dunham - OMG I don't think I've laughed that hard or long in a long time! He is SO funny!! I just love Walter and Achmed - they just crack me up. I was crying at times because I was laughing so hard!Sunday we had a family reunion at one of the parks in town. It was for my Dad's side of the family. It was great to see everyone. And did you notice my ticker at the top? I now have 3 weeks left before the baby arrives! We finished painting his room on Saturday and now Mike gets to assemble the crib. We brought in all the baby stuff from the shed and I've begun washing the car seat pads, baby bjorn, bouncy chairs and all the other stuff that we'll need right away. This week I'll start washing all of his little clothes. I LOVE that part - getting to look at all the outfits!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

pleased Logan had a wonderful birthday
I think you were wise getting the cake no need to stress out is there

Neat photos and if I havent said so already

Happy Birthday Logan

8/04/2008 2:49 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I think the best part about picking out the cake is that you let Logan help. :)

I'm so sad that he was sick! It's never fun to have sick babies. And NEVER fun to stay up all night with them. :( I take it he's feeling better, though! :D Hurray for amoxicillan!

And yes, I have been watching your baby ticker! I can't believe how close you are!! I'll bet it's still not close enough..... It makes me tired just THINKING about pregnancy and new baby. :) But you'll do great. And you'll love being a second-time mom. You'll feel like a baby GENIOUS (most of the time). :D

8/04/2008 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logan is getting so big - he's really starting to outgrow that baby roundness and start to look like a little boy.

8/04/2008 11:48 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

Are there really only 19 days left? I can't believe it. I bet you're enjoying getting ready for the big day. I too liked taking out the infant clothing and getting baby room's spiffy.

Hope you are feeling good!

Give L a big happy bday hug from us!

-bm

8/05/2008 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)