Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, July 20

Busy Weekend

This weekend we were childless - but that doesn't mean that we relaxed very much! My Mom & Dad took Logan up to the lake with them and from the sounds of it he had a blast (like usual). He's also getting very good at casting his fishing pole, which makes Grampy very proud! They left for the lake on Friday and will be back sometime today.

Friday night I had to work, but Saturday morning the work began. On Thursday Mike had started painting the baby's room so on Saturday we went back in to start on the second coat and I began on the trim work. The room is now completely finished except for down by the baseboards - I couldn't bend over that much without cutting off my oxygen supply.

Saturday we also got the garage cleaned out. Ever since we had the garage sale we haven't had any room to get the car parked in the garage. The car can now fit back in the garage - yeah!! Saturday night we went to Dark Knight - GREAT movie! OMG - I didn't think I would enjoy it that much but it was really good.

Sunday we got the final touching up done in the baby's room (minus the baseboard area). This week be able to put the tape up to mark where we want the stripes to go. I cannot wait to see what it looks like when it's all done. We also emptied out the dining room and main living room to vacuum and clean the floors. It looks so much better! We also put quite a few of Logan's toys away. We'll be having his birthday party in less than two weeks so I'm sure he'll be getting a lot of new toys then.

We've got a couple more errands to do but then I think we'll be officially done! We looked at some new kitchen cabinets at Lowe's yesterday - I would like to buy some and put them in the dining room to get some additional space for dishes and appliances. I think we're going to check out the other hardware store in town and see what their prices are.

4 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

bless your Mom & Dad

you guys were busy!!!

Jen

7/20/2008 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are so creative about your home decorating - I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures! :)

7/21/2008 1:37 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

A kidless weekend sounds fabulous! You guys are awesome actually getting lots of good things done with your time. I would have been tempted to lounge all weekend and relax. :S eek, I think that means I'm lazy. :( New babies are so exciting... Have you been feeling well through this pregnancy?

7/21/2008 9:19 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

It's got to feel so good to get that out of the way, even if you didn't get a day "off." :) Although anybody who's tried to clean like you guys did with a toddler/preschooler underfoot, appreciates that you really DID get a day off! :D

7/21/2008 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)