Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, June 23

San Francisco

The next day of our trip we went to San Francisco. I think this is one of my favorite cities in the US. I've only been there a couple of times but I really enjoy it. The day we chose to go the weather was absolutely lovely, it was in the mid-70's - so who could complain?

We arrived there around 10 am and found a parking garage for our van. Anyone going to San Francisco should know that parking there is a nightmare! Luckily, we found a parking garage that had a rate of $19 for the whole day - not a bad price! We then each bought an unlimited one day use pass for the cable cars, trolleys and buses.

While we were there we checked out Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Grace Cathedral and took a harbor tour which took us near the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz. I think I could have done without the harbor tour. We took it around 5 pm and it was beginning to get a little "windy" out on the water. About halfway through the boat ride I started to feel very nauseous. I didn't get sick, although I probably would have felt better if I did. I think I could have done without going to Chinatown - we ate some food there that was questionable to say the least. We also visited Ghiradelli Square - if you're a chocolate lover you have to go there. Mom & I had the best milk chocolate caramel milkshakes there. They were SO yummy!!

After the boat tour my Mom & I did some shopping. I found myself a fleece coat and a shirt. I bought Logan a little cable car and Mike a new shirt that says Alcatraz. I also bought matching shirts (one is a onesie) for Logan and the baby. They say "Alcatraz rejects - Too cute".

San Francisco was a great little day trip but by the end of the day I was ready to go back to the hotel. I was still feeling slightly sick so I slept most of the ride home.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)