Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, May 19

A Success!!

The garage sale ended in a success! We were able to make enough money to buy a swing set for Logan. We'll probably buy it sometime this week so pictures are yet to come. I couldn't find a picture of the one we are buying on Walmart's website.

The garage sale was quite a bit of work but it was worth it. We sold about half of the stuff we had for sale so I think it was worth it. I had made two pans of rice krispies and one pan of scotcheroos and all but three rice krispie bars sold. I highly recommend that if you have a garage sale to have some goodies baked and sell some pop! I think I made over $20 with those items alone!

We got rid of most of our bigger items too - including a bookcase, Logan's tool workbench, a printer and some huge stuffed animals that have been sitting in garbage bags for the past 5 years!!

I had to work on Sunday but while Logan was napping Mike tackled the basement. You can actually see the floor down there now! I should have taken a before picture but I was too embarrassed :) My goal is to continue getting things cleaned up down there and condense it enough so that it can fit in the storage closet down there. I especially want to get Logan's toys in there so that he's unable to drag them all over every time we go down there to do laundry!

2 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

im so pleased for you guys and Logan
Jen

5/19/2008 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your yard sale haul! I'm sure Logan and baby brother will enjoy the play set.

I have never been good at garage sales. I hate having people paw through my things, and never manaqe to make any money at it - the hourly return for all the my prep time and actually working the sale ends up to be very little.

I'm glad someone's good at it. :P

5/20/2008 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)