Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, July 21

5 Days

That is how many days I have left before I go on maternity leave. My official last day is August 9th - but my last working day is actually August 6th. I've noticed that in the last couple of weeks it's been harder and harder to do my job. There is a lot of bending over for extended periods of time which then leaves me short of breath and very lightheaded. And I usually get charlie horses the next morning after I've been on my feet at work the night before.

I'm sure I'll probably go stir-crazy the first couple of nights that I don't work but hopefully we'll be able to get the rest of the things done around the house.

Sunday afternoon we went to the other hardware store in town and they had the exact type of kitchen cabinets that I wanted! And they were $25 cheaper than at Lowe's. We bought one's that are unstained so that is my next project this week. We also got the laminate counter top to put on them. We bought two cabinets which will give me about 6 feet of storage. I will finally be able to empty out the spare bedroom closet that is full of serving dishes and bowls and put them in the dining room. It will be so nice to have them right there rather than down in the basement!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

rest while you can

wow!! 6 feet of storage thatll be awesome and keep you busy

jen

7/22/2008 12:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're on the home stretch now! And I agree--rest as much as you can. Well, with a toddler and all. :-)

7/22/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

MMmmmmmmm--new cabinets. Especially when they're the ones you wanted AND they were on sale (is there ANY greater Tanya happiness than finding something either on sale or for way less than it was selling for elsewhere! *big grin*)! What color of stain are you using?

7/22/2008 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya - aren't you supposed to be resting with your feet up at this stage? Not lifting or bending all that much and letting those around you wait on you, bring you chocolate bonbons and peel your grapes?

Instead you're repainting rooms, installing and finishing cabinets, etc. Are you going to try to fit in a new deck, too, before the baby is born? ;)

I can't believe it's so close. I wish you well these last few weeks!

7/22/2008 11:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I just noticed your ticker said 32 days to go -wow! rest up lady!

7/23/2008 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)