Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, March 14

An Update is in Order

We made it back from Minneapolis Sunday night. We had a great time visiting Taylor. We got to The Hilton around 9:30 Friday night. We were sitting in the hot tub by 10:30 that night :) It felt great after a long car ride to sit in there and relax!
Saturday we were at the Mall of America by 11. We decided to eat lunch first since we didn't have much for breakfast. I had some very yummy gyoza's. I haven't had those for quite a while! After lunch we decided to play miniature golf. We had a good time doing that - I even almost got a hole-in-one! The dang ball bounced in the cup and then came back out! Taylor ended up beating me by 2 strokes - so close!! Once we were done there we (mainly me) decided to do some shopping. My main goal? Find a maternity swimsuit for the summer since I'm sure we'll be at one of the local pools with Logan quite a bit and up at the cabin on the lake. I did manage to fine one at Motherhood Maternity. It's a cute black & white tankini. I also found some cute polo shirts for Logan at Old Navy. We left the mall around 4 and headed back to the hotel. Mike's feet were killing him so we dropped him off and then Taylor & I headed to IKEA.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love that place? LOVE IT!! They used to have ones that had castles, knights and horses on him (our neighbor Shar in WA sewed him curtains out of a set of those) and I was hoping to pick up another pair for the twin size bed we'll be getting him but I could not find them. I did manage to find a couple of other things though ;) By the time we got back to the hotel we were beat. We relaxed for a bit and then headed to dinner.

Taylor took us to this great Napali restaurant in St. Paul - it was fabulous! If you ever go there you have got to try the Momo's - they are fabulous! We only ordered two main dishes and we still had enough leftovers for Taylor to eat the next day. After dinner Taylor took us to the #1 dessert cafe in Minn/St. Paul - Cafe Latte - once again, it was fab! We each had a different dessert so we could sample :) Mike had a blueberry/lemon cheesecake, I had a piece of tres leche cake, and Taylor had some sort of cheesecake with chocolate chunks in it. We returned to the hotel after picking up some snacks and once again headed off to the pool.

Sunday we headed down to Taylor's college and hung out down there for a bit. We got on the road around 2:30 and got home later that night. It was a great little vacation and I think it was a good idea that we got there on Friday night instead of Saturday morning. It didn't feel like we were driving the whole time.

Next year if everything works out (which I have no doubt it will) we will be visiting Taylor at an entirely different location. We'll find out next week!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

sounds like you guys had a great time
Yaye :)
Jen

3/14/2008 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)