Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, February 27

Too Soon?

(This post was originally from the beginning of January - it had gotten lost in my to-be-published folder.)

We have begun potty-training *insert huge groan*. On Friday I was out shopping/returning things, while I was out Auntie called to say she was thinking of coming over to paint the wall some more (yay!). We decided to meet at Ace Hardware to buy some green paint for the "grass" on the wall. While we were there I noticed an aisle of toys and to my surprise they were all 50% off. They were great toys too – everything from John Deere tractors to Thomas the Train to Play Town. I had never heard of Play Town before, it is very similar to Little People except the little figures are made of wood. I was contemplating what to buy for Munchkin when I saw this and new it was perfect! And it was half price – you can't beat that! So I bought that along with two other pirates made by the same company fully intending to give him the toys with no strings attached.

But while on the way to meet Mike for lunch my brilliant plan began to unfold. We would "bribe" Logan. We would show him the new little toys but he could only have them on the condition that he sit on the potty and pee or poop while on it. Yes, we have high expectations don't we – but you see, he has been telling us for at least 6 months every time he has to poop and lately has been waking up in the mornings with a dry diaper. So I figured it was time.

So that night while getting him ready for his bath I took out the new toys and sat them on the bathroom counter where he could plainly see them. He excitedly yelled, "Pirates. Arrgh!" and went to grab them. I promptly snatched them away and told him he could have them on one condition – he had to sit on the potty without pants on and without a diaper.

*Will write more later – this is getting long*

3 Comments:

Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

HEY! This is some high-quality blogging!! I love it! LOVE the "Whatever" story! I also REALLY like your potty idea, too. We've GOT to figure something out like that for Scooter. :D You're brilliant!

2/27/2008 3:03 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

HIIII! No, no, not sarcastic, just abbreviated! You really ARE a genius! :D *laughing* I'm serious here!

2/27/2008 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't just leave me hangin'!!!

2/28/2008 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)