Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, January 28

New Sink!

Before:
The new sink is in and it looks fabulous! What better way to spend the evening when temps. are around -40* outside (yup, I said negative!!) We took Logan over to my Mom & Dad's for a couple of hours tonight so that Mike & I could work on the sink. OK - Mike mainly worked on the sink BUT while he was doing that I did manage to get the walls prepped and ready to be painted. We did have to run to Lowe's to buy a couple more supplies and once we got the old sink out we realized we did not want to put the boring faucet back in. So we now have a brank new sink and new faucet. I cannot wait until the kitchen/dining room area are finished - it is going to look completely different!
After
Notice how the old sink I was able to put a cookie sheet and a wok in there and it was full? The new sink will give me 2" more in depth! Doing dishes actually sounds like fun right now!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really pretty, and definitely brightens up your kitchen!

I do have to warn you about one thing... we have a sink like that. We've found that enamel sinks just seem to have a taller lip all the way around them. If you use a dry rack, it won't drain properly, unless you stack it up somehow until it's at the new level of your sink edge. We use a couple of old cutting boards - although once or twice I've seen products specifically designed for it.

Someday I'd like to have one of the sinks that are sort of recessed, mounted under the counter, and a granite countertop to surround it.

Anyway, enjoy your new sink - and your new wallpaper!

1/28/2008 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya-

Thanks for stopping by - i am doing better finally.

I love the new sink - what a great project. The new faucet looks elegant.

1/29/2008 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hey there!!

How old is Logan NOW???? Wholly carp!! ANd I read that another one's on the way? I'm sure you saw that we, too, have another girl, now 4m old. It is VASTLY different with two! Keep smiling!

1/29/2008 1:14 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

wonderful
enjoy it
Jen

1/29/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

I agree with Jeri that it brightens things. Very nice. Can I call you Tool Time Tanya? :)

-bm

1/30/2008 11:50 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'M SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I would LOVE a new sink! I need to look again--but not before getting some tissues to collect the drool, haha. :D

I was thinking about you yesterday, trying to think why... something to do with the pregnancy, wondering how you were feeling--that's the general reason. And then there was something else. *think, think* I'm not coming up with it.

Anyway--I love the pictures of the house as it's coming along. Keep 'em coming! :D I especially can't wait to see Logan's room all decked out! :D

1/30/2008 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!!!!
And thanks for saying that I crack you up!!!!

1/30/2008 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)