Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, January 21

A Nice Day

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I had a great day!! I started out by taking Logan to daycare. Usually while he's there I will come back home and get stuff done around here or run errands around town. Friday I decided to be absolutely lazy and sat and watched some of my DVR'd shows that had been building up on our cable box. For lunch I picked up Mike and we went to Johnny Carino's – oh.my.word! I had the best Caesar salad that I have ever tasted. It was SO good! And since it was my birthday I was treated to a yummy chocolate cake.

After lunch I picked Logan up and he went down for a nap shortly after we got home.

Once Mike got home and Logan woke up from his nap we took Logan over to my Mom & Dad's for the night. We then went up to Red Lobster and had a delicious dinner up there. No dessert this time though. Not that I wouldn't have had another dessert but apparently they don't do the whole "free dessert for your birthday" there anymore. Quite sad since some of their desserts looked YUMMY!!

After dinner we decided to do some shopping. First stop was Best Buy (mainly for Mike). After that we went to Menard's. We didn't have anything in particular that we wanted to buy but we did want to see how much some home improvement stuff would cost. I would love to gradually start redoing our countertops in the bathrooms and put in a new kitchen sink. While we were looking around we found a double head rain shower showerhead. It is similar to this but it has two heads – one is removable with a hose so it can be held. It is heaven to use and it was on clearance for $24 – score!! After Menards we went to Barnes & Noble – Mike bought me a gift card to use there and we did a little shopping while there.

When we were done there we went home. And relaxed. With no child. It was so nice. We put in a movie up in our room and I fell asleep probably half-way through it. The best part though? We got to sleep in until after 10 the next morning! Sometimes you forget how nice it is to wake up when you want. J

6 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

pleased you had a lovely birthday :)

Jen

1/21/2008 3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a GREAT birthday!!

So, it's next week... what's the news???????????

1/21/2008 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is next week...

WHAT. IS. THE. NEWS???

Come on spill it!

1/21/2008 4:14 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ah, sleeping until 10. LUCKY GIRL!!!

1/21/2008 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya,

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday!! Happy Be-lated Birthday!! Sorry I've been a stranger! I intend to change that. I hope you have a wonderful remainder of the week!

Hugs!
Sarah

1/22/2008 9:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It sounds like you had the perfect birthday!

1/23/2008 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)