Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, January 2

The Birds – They Are a Drinkin’

Can birds become alcoholics? Because I think the ones in our neighborhood are getting to that point. It started about two weeks ago. I was sitting in our living room (the one on the middle level) when I heard a loud bang. It sounded as though a gunshot had gone off. I went to the window and didn't notice anything strange so I went back downstairs. A couple of days later I heard the same thing and went to the window again; this time though I noticed feathers stuck on the window. Which is weird because I clearly do not remember there being feathers on the windows when I cleaned them before I put decorations on them. I opened up the window to get the feathers off and all of a sudden a bird stood up on the ground and flew away. That is when I figured out the birds have been getting drunk off the berries from those trees and then attempting to fly. Four times so far I have heard the crash of a bird on the window. Crazy birds!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a bird that kept flying into my window over the summer! My bedroom window ta-boot. It eventually just stopped. It is strange... dumb birds! ha ha :) Looks like you had a great Christmas, we did too. It's always a bummer to have to go back to work/daycare and get back in to the swing of it all...

1/03/2008 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Those birds! Are there any Birdie AA meetings coming up?!

Anyway, it sounds like you guys had a great holiday (despite being sick)! I wish you and your family a great 2008!

~Crystal

1/04/2008 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1/05/2008 2:20 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I have TWO official guesses:

1. It's mating season? ha ha *laughing*

2. (I know this is far-fetched) The birds feel the warmth of the house and want to come inside and have some hot chocolate.

:D

How're things??

1/06/2008 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)