Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, November 28

Yes, I’m one of those

Yup, I'll admit it. I was one of the crazy ones out on Black Friday. My Mom, Aunt & I were at Sears by 5:10 that morning. We would have gotten there earlier if my alarm had not decided to malfunction that morning. Luckily, they had everything there that we had wanted to buy.

After Sears we went to Menards – they didn't open until 6 so we had a little time to wait. I had a brilliant plan too – the line by the entrance was lined up to almost the back of the parking lot but there was no one waiting by the exit. So I thought that we would just wait until it was 5:55 and then casually stroll up to the exit. Apparently Menards did not think that was funny or fair because they refused to open the Exit doors at 6 (which I still think is a fire-hazard). But we still managed to get through the doors before the people at the back of the line. It was a mad house in there and we all split-up to look for the goodies. I think we managed to get everything on the lists that we had wanted to pick up – I even scored and got Pooh a new bed for only $9.88!! After Menards we hit a couple more stores and had to make a run through Starbucks for some fuel. We managed to get all of our shopping done by around 9:30.

Can I just say that it is quite annoying when people use a shopping cart on Black Friday?? I mean I understand that some of the items are bulky that you want to purchase but that is why you have a friend to stay by the cart in the main aisle to wait for you while you go into the side aisles to pick up the items! Also, I could not get over one lady who had her 2 week old baby out at that hour to shop. I really don't think the sales are that great that you have to take a newborn out!

I got a couple names crossed off my list and will be doing some major shopping this next week. Why, you might ask? Because where I work they are having employee appreciation days and I get 40% off everything in the store! How great is that? We've been able to start putting our items on hold and I have about 3 big bags filled up. Once I'm done shopping there I'll only have a couple of gifts left to get and then I'll be done!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy alright
I love my sleep too much to have done that

11/28/2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

I will probably start doing black fridays again someday. I stopped when I had babies.

Sounds like you got a lot done! Yea for early shopping!

---

Thanks for your comment today. She changed her title.

-bm

11/28/2007 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't go out this past Black Friday, but I have in the past. I'm glad you got all the goodies you were after ;)

40% off - S-W-E-E-T!!! ;) I love deals.

Take Care!

11/29/2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ooooh, you've been blogging! *bad Austin, bad Austin*!! I just haven't been in a blogging mood! I think it has something to do with Facebook, ha ha ha. Seriously, it's so addictive! I can do little sentence updates that are quick and easy and take no time... but here's the thing. I'm blogging for posterity and Facebook won't be there for my posterity. :)

I LOVED catching up on everything!! Good for you for setting the train stuff aside--very smart. It will only take 2-3 weeks before he's ready to play with it again and not have meltdowns.

I knew my BIL would buy a letter--he loves stuff like that! :D Their little girl is adorable and they love to spoil her.

Wellllllll... I can't wait for the mural to get done so that you can post pictures... I am excited that Logan loves the Santas... Oh! I should blog this! Scooter LOVES the little snow scene my Gram sent for my birthday (I get Christmas decorations because I'm a November baby, ha ha). He goes and labels each thing, "That's a boy, that's a boy with a snowman, that's a boy," and then my job is to tell him he's right. He LOVES it!! Sometimes I'll trick him and say something like, "Scooter is that a dog?" HE EATS IT UP!! "Noooooo," he'll answer in a silly voice. When we're really going, I'll offer ten suggestions about what the item might be and he thinks it's really funny that I get it wrong so many times. *grin* I LOVE this age!! Oh, and... gol, what was the other thing you said that sparked my interest... I don't remember now--I'll have to come back later... after I vacuum!! xoxoxo

11/29/2007 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing so good! I ventured near Target and Fred Meyer late on Black Friday and was frightened (I was running an errand nearby).

Fortunately with Carl in preschool I have some time in the mornings to do a little shopping!

Leslie
leslieaross.spaces.live.com

11/29/2007 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of those people who never goes near the stores on days like that!!
SAAM

12/01/2007 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never actually go to stores at all. I've been shopping completely online for about the last five years. I can shop at midnight from my uncrowded loveseat, and then I get lots of boxes on my front porch in early to mid December.

Sometimes I forget about the store thing, and go to the mall or downtown for something else... and wow, the crowds are amazing.

My new office is right downtown, across from Westlake Center, so I can see Macy's star and the lighted trees from my window. I get all the atmosphere I want without needing to shop. :)

I'm glad you made such great progress on your list though!

12/02/2007 12:22 AM  
Blogger Honor said...

Ohhh, I'd LOVE to do a Black Friday, but i still haven't been able to. I wanted to go this year, but the boys and I were at my Mom's house, and there was no way I was going to try that with her. Maybe next year... As for shopping, I've got TWO gifts. Sad, huh? But we're being very low-key for the boys and each other, since our annual Christmas ski trip is enough of a gift. We do a few small gifts under the tree though so we'll have something to open/do on Christmas day. (We don't leave for Canada until the 27th).

Logan has gotten SO big! It's been amazing to watch him go from a newborn to a little boy. I remember my babies at that age... *sniff sniff* Chris turned 10 today!

I'm SO jealous of your employee discount. I'd live at the bookstore if I could. As it stands, I borrow many of the books I want to read from the boys' teachers' lending libraries. Well, when I'm reading young adult fiction, that is. (Currently reading The Amber Spyglass)

Did you see all that crazy weather in Seattle? My in-laws are headed over there tonight, so I'm hoping most of the yucky stuff has been cleaned up.

I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the season. Have a great week!!

Honor

12/05/2007 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)