Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, October 23

The Big Boy Bed

The transition has gone a lot smoother than I had anticipated. We've had a couple of bad nights of course but for the most part it hasn't been bad. There was the one night I heard little feet pounding on the hard wood exploring and exercising the new found freedom. There have also been a couple of times that Logan insisted that Pooh Bear sleep in the room with him and later we peek in and he's made a bed on the floor beside the dog. Other days it might take 3 or 4 tries before he actually stays in bed. But there are those days when he gets in bed, I tuck him in, give him a kiss and he's out in less than 10 minutes.

The mornings have gone a lot better too. There has hardly been a day that I've woken up to a toddler screaming to be let out of the cage. Nap times are the same way - most days he'll stay up in his room and play for a bit before he comes downstairs. I was worried but I shouldn't have been. I should have known that when Mommy freaks out about something it is then guaranteed to be fine.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Awwww! I remember those days when my girls first slept in their big girl beds. When they'd come out all quiet-like because they think they might be in trouble for leaving their beds and all sweaty from sleeping and their hair all out of place. I just remember saying, "Hi there baby-girl! How was your nap?" Awwwww!!! I miss that suddenly! Thanks for sharing your big-boy bed story! Takes me back!

Thanks for stopping by my space. I agree that what goes around comes around, but the nerve of some people! UGH!

I hope you have a fantastic week!

Sarah

10/23/2007 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww how cute

what a good boy Logan is

10/23/2007 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great he's doing so well with his big boy bed! I bet you're proud.

My oldest was a night person and midnight wanderer - my youngest a disgustingly cheerful morning person - so we had to stay alert. :)

10/24/2007 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that transition is going well! It's funny how a little thing like freedom can get them to relax and put themselves to sleep (once they get over the newness). I know we used to find out daughter out in the living room at three in the morning when we first put her bed into a toddler bed...but now...she just puts herself in bed, we tuck her in, and out she goes! Yea! Keep up the good work, Logan!

10/25/2007 6:20 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Cuuuuuuute!!! :D :D I wish I had something profound to say but all I can think of is Emily making noises from her crib to be fetched. :D

10/25/2007 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW Ive tagged u
http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/2007/10/27/work-work-work-we-all-do-it-so-whats-your-story/

10/26/2007 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)