Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, January 27

Our Weekend

Logan's wall is finished!! Well, almost all finished. I have to now draw a dragon on the wall and then Auntie is going to paint it THEN it will be finished. The end is near - yay!!

The dragon will be on the left side of the castle. I can't wait to decorate his room with all of his castle decor from IKEA.
On Saturday Auntie finished the final touches on the wall. Saturday afternoon I went and had THE BEST scalp massage ever. Oh-my-goodness did it feel good! While I was there paying my bill I also scheduled a 1 1/2 hour facial/upper body massage for Feb. 6th. Oh yeah!!

Sunday brought along more projects. My Mom came over a little before noon and we began tearing down the wallpaper in the dining room/kitchen area. My Dad showed up a little later so there were 5 of us (Logan included) helping with this project. It went fairly quickly - we finished the entire area in about 4 hours. We're pretty sure the wallpaper was done by a professional since it was a piece of cake to get down. We now have bare, white walls. But not for long! We picked up a gallon of deep red/maroon colored paint a couple of months ago and plan on painting most of the area with that. We are debating about doing a back splash with tile around the bottom of our cupboards. Tonight we went to Lowe's to see if they had any tile that we liked. We decided to wait on that until we have the walls painted but we did manage to find a new kitchen sink while we were there. I have hated our sink since we moved in. It might have something to do with the fact that it is all of 5 1/2" deep. (Imagine trying to wash a pasta pot and your entire sink is full and the pot handles stick out the top of the sink.) Mike is hoping to get the sink installed tomorrow so stay tuned for those pictures!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

what a neat weekend
what a neat bedroom Logan is going to have
and
lastly
what a helpful boy :)

have a good week
Jen

1/27/2008 10:19 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Im tagging you

Jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/you-cheer-me-up-award-and-alphabet-meme/

1/28/2008 2:33 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

HA! You kill me! :D I blogged, finally--with an explanation of what took so long. Call it a guilty conscience. :)

1/28/2008 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)