Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, February 28

What We're Up To

Tonight Mike & I are going out on a date and it's not just out to dinner. We are going to an event called Death by Chocolate. Doesn't that sound delicious?? It is an annual event to help raise money for the Girls Scouts in the area. There will be 10 area chefs competing by making different chocolate desserts. There will also be a celebrity chef there to make a giant chocolate sculpture. And all the desserts that are made are free for people attending to eat. How great is that?? My Aunt got me two tickets to the event for my birthday. I cannot wait to see what it's all about - I'll be taking my camera.

Eight more days and Mike & I will be heading to Minneapolis for the weekend. We're going down to visit Taylor one last time before his school year ends. We're staying at the same hotel we did last time but we'll remember our swimsuits this time around :) We're also going to leave on a Friday so it doesn't feel like we're driving all weekend long! And we'll of course make a stop at Trader Joe's before we come home. LOVE that place!!

I got a great rate on our hotel too - if you've never used priceline.com I highly suggest you check it out! I got our room for only $50/night. And we're staying at the Hilton! It really is a nice hotel and last time we didn't have any problems while we were there. The beds were super-comfy also, which is the most important thing.

Logan will be staying with Mike's Mom while we're gone. We're hoping she'll have the magic touch and will get him potty-trained :) Hey, I can dream right??

I'll post the next installment of yesterday's post in the next couple of days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm...death by chocolate sounds like a blast!

I tried to use Priceline several years ago but never won anything. Last weekend, there was a great article in USA Today that inspired me to give it another whirl.

Have fun!

2/28/2008 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That death by chocolate sounds wonderful! I hope you have a nice weekend too. I'm impressed...$50/night for the hilton! I had to pay $58 at a best western a few weeks ago!

Anyway, good luck with the potty training. We finally got Charis going on it for the most part...but she isn't consistent in letting us know when she needs to go. When she wasn't needing a new diaper every day we tried "big girl" underwear...which she promptly pee'd in...and on the floor...and on the couch...*sigh* we didn't do that again. :)

Good luck!

2/28/2008 4:46 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I'm so jealous of your couple time!!! But you'll have a lot of fun. Can't wait to see pictures of the chocolate! :D

2/28/2008 5:54 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

oh yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my mouth is watering
hope you had a great evening
Jen

2/29/2008 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)