Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, September 5

Can I Relax Yet?

It's been a little while since my last blog. We've been busy around here. We had Logan's party this past weekend and it went great! I only got stressed out a couple of times which is pretty good J The cake turned out great! Logan loved it as soon as he saw it. He wanted to eat the "BIG blue diesolaur cake" right away. Mike pretty much cut the cake out freehand and then Taylor did a crumb coating of cream cheese frosting. I finished it by painstakingly putting blue stars all over it. My hand cramped up and everything – but it was worth it. I have no idea how we're going to top it for his next birthday!

Almost all of our family that we invited to the party was able to make it. Logan was completely overwhelmed by all the gifts and we had to coax him to keep opening them. He got some great things – a train table with a train and accessories, books, a pool, new trucks and cars, stuff for the bath, clothes, a Harley-Davidson jacket, and a good chunk of change.


In other news, the unpacking has come to a standstill for now. Apparently my body decided that now since the party is done it would be a great time to come down with a cold. I woke up Monday with a sore throat and by Tuesday my whole body ached, I had a runny nose, and it hurt to swallow anything. Last night I went to bed at 10 pm and slept until almost 9 this morning. I feel quite a bit better. No more sore throat and the body aches are almost gone. My nose is being blown constantly and I'm sure I'm beginning to look like Rudolph. Logan was also lucky enough to get this so I've been feeding him medicine and wiping his nose constantly.


That's it for now – both of the bathrooms upstairs have been painted. I'll post pictures of them in the next post. And yes, I have to give a ton of credit to Auntie Shelia since she did do most of the work. They turned out great – thanks Auntie!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bridie said...

Oh my gosh.... HELLO!
It has been a very long time but I really am back this time! I'm just tring to catch up with everything that has been hapening with you guys!
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY LOGAN!

9/05/2007 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT A COOL CAKE!!! I ended up settling on a Dinosaur themed cake from Sam's Club. You went all out. Kudos!

I'm glad my two year old isn't the only one who is obsessed with dinosaurs.


ps - Yeah, I'm still a slacker and haven't touched my blog since June. One day (probably soon) I'll start back up.

9/06/2007 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow what a very cool cake!!!

9/06/2007 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya-

That was an amazing cake! It sounds like Logan and Carl's birthdays were the same for number of toys. We were watching video of Carl's 2nd - he liked playing with the wrapped presents (stacking them into towers) as much as the unwrapped presents. He opened his first package - clothes and started running around the room shaking them.

Birthdays are too much fun with a kid!

I hope you are feeling better - I got sick right after Carls birthday too!

9/06/2007 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome cake! You all did a great job! And a belated happy birthday to Logan.

I plan to come and visit more often, now that I've returned to the land of Blog. Things are still kinda crazy right now (doing all the sthings I didn't do while hanging out at the lake), but I'm almost done with my to-do list.

Congrats on the house. It's always such a relief to be in your very own space.

Hope all is well with you and that you're feeling a bit better. I'll be back soon when it's not my bedtime. Have a wonderful Friday!

Honor
sothbaseball.spaces.live.com

9/06/2007 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome cake! I am so glad Logan had such a wonderful time! I hope you get to feeling better. Too many colds going around right now! Take some time to rest and recover before trying to get more painting/unpacking done. :)

9/07/2007 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)