Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, August 28

Oh, the Fumes

Sorry I've been absent since we've moved. I'm still buried in boxes and now I've added paint to that. We got Logan's bathroom painted this last weekend and last night I painted a wall in the formal living room. I wasn't planning on doing that one right away but on one of my many trips to Lowe's I found a can of paint I couldn't pass up. It was one of the screwed up ones that they clearance so it was only $7 for the gallon of it. Yesterday I got the area taped off and then Mike & I painted it. It looks great! I don't have any pictures yet since we have nothing hung on it and it just looks like a green blob of nothing. No pictures of the bathroom either since it's in the same situation – only that room is painted 3 different shades of blue.

Up next on the painting schedule is our bathroom. We're hoping to have it done by Friday since Saturday will be Logan's party. I've been busy unpacking boxes and trying to make the house somewhat presentable since I'm sure all of our family from around here will be coming on Saturday.

We also bought some new light fixtures to start putting up around the house. The ones that are in here are from when the house was built (1989) and are nothing but dust collectors.

I've been behind on my blog walking, but I haven't found the way out of the boxes yet. J

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done with that painting
keep up the good work

8/28/2007 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! Well, you've got the drive! There are so many things I want to get done around here, but haven't. Want to come paint my house? I'll help watch Logan? :) Just kidding. I'll look forward to pictures, but take your time and don't wear yourself out! You want to enjoy Logan's party, right?!

8/28/2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

So will you do another celestial bathroom? I loved that upstairs bath in your old place. So cool.
I'm glad you're getting settled even if it's "gradually". ;)

-bm

9/01/2007 2:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you! Ah, to be able to paint and hang your own things!!

My house was built in '89 as well. I know what you mean about the light fixtures collecting dust... I can't wait to replace all of them! We're dealing with them for now. FLOORS first! LOL! We'll be tiling the downstairs early next year. I can't WAIT!!

You color choices sound great. Green... I LOVE green! LOL!!

Have a great and SAFE Labor Day weekend! Stay cool!

Sarah

9/02/2007 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya - YOu are in your home HURRAH!

I hope paiinting and unpacking are going well.

Take Care!

9/04/2007 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)