Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, November 17

SSSSHHHHH!!!

Why is my life so eventful lately? Or maybe it's not and I'm just overreacting. Either way I feel as though I'm slowly going crazy. Well, maybe not slowly since Mike said I've been acting strange for over a week.

OK, back to what's going on now - today I took Logan to get his Christmas pictures taken. I went alone. ALONE! Can you say crazy?? The appointment was at 11 am - we arrived about 10:50. They tell me they're running about 10-15 minutes behind. More like 20-25. Thankfully, Logan was very well behaved while waiting - he even managed to make a friend in the process. (And charm some ladies that were there.) Until he decided to tip his stroller backwards and fall into it, managing to give himself a nice bright red bump under his eye. Hopefully it won't show up too much in the pictures. We go in to do the photos and everything is going great.........until the photographer freaks him out. She accidentally hits a button that operates the background changes which scares the bejeezes out of him. From that point on there was NO WAY he was getting back up on the table for anymore photos. So we were done - which was not good because we had only gone through the Christmas backgrounds. We had not yet made it to the everyday backgrounds. Again, not good because we've only had Logan's picture taken professionally once a year. So for the grandparents and us this picture is displayed year round. And personally, I think it would be a little cheesy to have a Christmas picture displayed year round.

So on Sunday we are going to another store to get his pictures taken again. This time with a traditional background.

The afternoon went fine for the most part (largely due to the fact that Logan had almost a 3 hour nap). But then I had the crazy idea to go out for dinner. We decided to hit one of the MANY Mexican restaurants in town. Logan was not being that cooperative so we were trying to entertain him and keep him happy anyway that we could. He was having a good time putting some silverware into one of the water glasses (plastic) and occasionally banging the silverware on the table. If you've ever had a little one you know that they like to make noise. So he was banging the silverware but it wasn't very loud and definitely not nearly as loud as the music playing at the restaurant. After a couple minutes of this (not constantly) a man sitting in a table by us turned around and put his finger to his lips to SSHHH Logan. Can you imagine? I was so tempted to say something to him - something along the lines of "would you rather listen to him scream?" but thank God I am married to a rational husband. As soon as the guy did that Mike just stared him down and basically dared him to say something. The man did not.

So there was my day - how was yours??

PS - something BIG might be going on early tomorrow. Stay tuned and send good thoughts this way :)

PPS - thanks for the suggestions on the umbrella stroller. We do have one but right now it's more of a headache since Logan wants to push it around.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I remember the headache of Ameliah pushing the umbrella stroller. I forgot. I usually just had to bribe her somehow. (fruit snacks) to sit and be a good girl in the stroller. I think it took a while though.

Eek, poor little guys with the pictures. I would have been scared too. I don't ever schedule our pics, or it ends up being a crazy day. I just hope there is a spot open shortly. But I am cheap and go to Sears or Target. :D

Something big tomorrow? hmmmn. I'll be watching for new posts!

11/17/2006 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been finding it harder and harder to go to a sit down restraunt with my 16 month old. This is sad, but we pretty much stay home to eat most of the time, it's so much less stressful!! I'm glad you made it home in one piece with Pooh and Logan after your adventure in to town. :)

11/17/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

So what is the news this morning??

Hugs,
Becca

11/17/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Laine used to be HORRIBLE in restaurants but he has gotten MUCH better. Now I don't have to ask for a doggie bag and run out the door with screaming child!! I woulda been PISSED at that guy...and the bitchy PMSing Mom in me woula told him off...although with Rusty with me taht probably wouldn't be necessary!! LOL

So why have you been in a funk? And what is the big news??

HUGS!! :)

11/17/2006 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor Logan
Daniel got his 1st bruise yesterday hes discovered climbing this week and he knocked himself on my desk which is by the couch that he had climbed on to.

Hope Sunday turns out better for you all.

Yahoo 3 hours lovely when that happens :)

11/17/2006 8:20 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Hello, hello! I went into your Picasa pictures and LOVED them! You've seen our diaper baby box pictures, haven't you? We go all out these days... I take a big blanket and line the box, put a pillow in the back of the box, then Scooter and then, on top of it all *deep breath* I put another thin fleece blanket over the top. It's his FAVORITE chair. I don't know what we're going to do when he grows out of his box!! lol

I think I would have been mad at the photography place... That's my impulse now, but since YOU'RE not mad at them, I'm trying to calm down... *laughing* You are VERY BRAVE to go back!! I hope you learned your lesson and are taking Mike this time... lol

I am so like you when it comes to other people and my child. I can't help but wonder what THEIR children were like at Scooter's age. If they even HAD children. I've not done or said anything drastic to this point (and have only had a couple of "opportunities" to do so), but I'm working my way up to a couple of polite ZINGERS that I can fling at those rude folks who think they're so flipping perfect... !!! I'm really worked up! Maybe I should go back to bed or something... *grin*

11/18/2006 4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)