Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, November 14

Mr. Independent

Have I mentioned lately how much I love the age that Logan is at right now? He's turning into his own little person with his own VERY independent personality. Some days it is very, very challenging to go places with him. He does not enjoy sitting in the shopping carts as much as he used to and if you let him down he INSISTS on helping you push the cart. Last week at Target he managed to move a rack of clothing because he smashed into it so hard. Thank goodness it didn't topple over or that he didn't run into someone.

Usually though he is just a funny and fun little guy. Most of the time while I make dinner Logan loves to open up the drawers and pull out all of his bibs and open the lazy susan and take out ALL of my spices. Last night though he stayed down in the family room - all by himself. It's starting to make me realize that he's growing up. He's happy playing with his toys for hours some days and just loves running around. Today he was kind enough to stack up the rolls of toilet paper for me. Then he knocked them all down. After he did that he looked at me to see how I would react - I just smiled. Once he saw I was not angry he began laughing. And not a regular laugh, his cheesy laugh.

He's also got these nesting blocks that he loves. He's always enjoyed playing with them but usually Mike or I have to stack them and then he knocks them over. But lately, he's begun to stack them himself. He'll then knock them over and again do the cheesy laugh.

Ok one last thing and I'll finish up this overly cute entry. He LOVES to copy us! Anytime that I yawn Logan will copy me. He tilts his head way back and yawns, but he keeps his eyes on me because once I'm done yawning, so is he. He will do it everytime. Last night while I finished making dinner Mike sat on the floor in the kitchen to play with Logan. Logan walked over to him and sat in between Mike's legs and sat exactly like Mike. It was so cute, but do you think I took a picture - No! Oh well, I'm sure it will happen again :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Logan must be growing up so fast! Christmas this year is going to be a blast with him, huh!

Hugs,
Becca

11/14/2006 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://mammabear222.spaces.live.com

They are so cute when they show their own little personalities. I love that age too, and the cute is always there, even when they are older, sometimes you just have to look harder to find it when they are older ;)
He is and adorable little man, and you are a wonderful mom :)

11/15/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I LOVE THESE TOO-CUTE ENTRIES! You can talk about Logan as much as you want and I'll just smile and relate because Scooter does some similar stuff. Logan's a character, though--Scooter's laughs are more reserved, and Logan was born to giggle. :D

What is it with spices?!!! Scooter loves emptying out my spice drawer (it was the least dangerous thing to put in that bottom drawer...lol). And anything that makes noise when shaken is a bonus--like the non-pareils that go on cakes. :) I actually get irritated when he emptys out wash clothes/drying towels... Maybe not after Emily's born, but right now, it's a nightmare to pick it all up and neatly put it all back!!

We pulled Scooter's large "Lego" blocks out and he will stack occasionally. He likes the carrier better than the blocks usually... :) It has wheels, and when it's cleared of all toys it makes a great place to sit and observe the world. :D

Jonathan and I taught Scooter how to real-yawn on the airplane on the way back from New York a while ago. :D He doesn't do it as often now, but he LOVES mimicking me when I cough and Jonathan when he noisily blows his nose. :D lol

I LOVE the picture that goes along with this entry!! You've got the cutest flippin' baby! :D

11/15/2006 3:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are my FAV stories, Tanya!!! Logan is just the CUTEST little man!!! Kiss him for me, OK?

HUGS!! :)

11/15/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Free furniture is one of the best things in the world! :D Awh, heck, I came over to say something and now I don't remember what... Let me go see what your comment said and I'll be right back. :)

OH! The STRAW! lol Scooter was using a straw successfully at a year old. Not that he didn't want to pull it out, too... We held the straw (taking care to keep him from swallowing it--it would slowly go further and further into his mouth until I was sure it would make him choke!), and if he started playing with it, we took it away... Most of the time. Sometimes I would ask for a couple of extra straws and then I'd unwrap them, letting Scooter play with them while he drank out of the straw in the glass. :) Ta-da!

As for sleep... *groan* I slept until 7:00 and we went down for a nap at 10:30... Scooter woke me up at 12:30 and I SWEAR the clock was playing tricks on us. If I slept, it was only for ten minutes or so... or so it felt!!! lol

11/15/2006 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he looks so cute
I have a 1 year old
how old is Logan?
arent they such fun

11/15/2006 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)