Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, November 3

Favorite Ingredient Friday



Cavatini

1 lb. ground beef

1 small onion, diced

1 jar Ragu pasta sauce (any flavor)

1- 3.50z. pkg. pepperoni

1 package penne pasta (or any type of "tube" pasta)

12 oz. mozzarella cheese, divided

spices (I use garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper)

optional:

1 green pepper, diced

1 small can of mushrooms

1 small jar of olives



Brown ground beef with small onion. While ground beef is browning cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Mix together ground beef mixture, pasta, pepperoni, pasta sauce, spices, 8 oz. of cheese, and optional ingredients if you wish. Pour into a 9x13" glass baking dish. Bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes. During last 15 minutes of baking top with additional cheese.



**This makes a big dish of cavatini - usually when I make this I divide it into 2 - 8x8" baking pans and freeze one for later.




Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This recipe sounds YUMMY, Tanya!!!

I have something for you at my site today if you have time to stop over for a look...

HUGS!! :)

11/03/2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Tanya, this Cavatini recipe sounds wonderful! Since my husband and son are both fans of pasta dishes, I know this will be a big hit in our household!

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredient Friday recipe exchange!

11/03/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sounds really good!!

11/03/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

This sounds really, really good! I am going to have to try this, too!

I have my recipe up for applesauce on my blog today and I am making some too.

How are things? Hopefully not so wet!

Hugs,
Becca

11/03/2006 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm sounds good

11/03/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This sounds fabulous. I LOVE Cavatina but have never made it myself. This is a must try! Thanks!

11/03/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Ohh yummy! I'm making this soon. Thanks for sharing =)

11/04/2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds delicious. Thanks!

Don't forget to visit me on Monday for Sharing Gifts from the Heart

11/04/2006 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)