Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, October 18

Getting Closer

Mike, along with four of his classmates, presented their Senior project for college today. It sounds like it went pretty well - the presentation will count for 20% of their grade. I think they did a great job on the project. They created a website for a church. Within the website, once you register, you are then able to share photos, post forum discussions, create a blog, among other things.

They probably won't know their final grade for about a week but I have a feeling they will receive high marks. Apparently their project was all the buzz around campus and they received many compliments from most of the faculty that attended their presentation today. Normally when a group presents their project there are usually 3 or so people at the presentation, but at theirs today there were over 30! I told Mike all of the underclassmen are going to hate them because they've raised the bar for future senior projects. Which I believe is a very good thing!!

I cannot believe that Mike is almost done with college. In one regard it seems like it went by quickly, but in another it was excruciatingly slow. It will be so nice to have our Saturdays back. We might be able to get away for a weekend every now and then!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping me fingers crossed that he gets a great grade! What is he studying? Weekends together will be a great thing!

Hugs,
Becca

10/19/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

HAPPY DAY! I remember when Jonathan graduated last year--it's the biggest sense of relief!!! Is Mike thinking about going back and doing graduate work?? It sounds like he's awfully bright (of course, you're his wife, so you're a little biased, lol). When we talk about graduate work, I tell Jonathan that he's too smart NOT to go back to school for that extra degree... Unfortunately, he's just not that into school work (who is, really? *grin*) so he'd rather not, thank you. :)

I've been thinking about this... With that advice for no sugar or fruit for 24 hours, what about pasta? They say it turns straight into sugar when it gets into you... Would that make a difference on the glucose test? I'm determined not to fail it this time around... lol

10/19/2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

It is so exciting when you reach the finish line. Hooray for hubby! And I'm sure with that great of a turn-out and the buzz around campus - he's sure to have gotten superior marks for his work!

I am SOOO glad you said something about knee pads. I will be around a BRU this weekend and will probably end up picking up TWO pairs (one for my niece/nephew who was due a week ago!!).

FTMo2

10/20/2006 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It great to be DONE
Congrats to Mike
Marissa's ankle is feeling better today.

10/20/2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger Pioneer Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by. Glad your husband finished his project. Sounds like a lot of work.
Your little guy is a cutie!
Have a good day!

10/20/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATS to Mike!! It sounds like it might have been a mite bit complicated...I really hope he gets the grade he deserves!!

I must say that Logan is looking SO grown up lately!! Turning into a little man..and he is SO handsome!!!

HUGS!! :)

10/20/2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt it was close between Uli and Jeff...I liked both of their collections...so I am not surprised!
HUbs found remote in basement...go figure!
Kuddos to Mike! To reach such a milestone..it has to feel good! Hope your weekend is going well...thanks again!
Cheryl

10/22/2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

That sounds like an interesting project. Is it something that can been seen on-line or was it just an in-class thing?

See you soon! I just printed off the directions!

-bm

10/25/2006 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)