Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, October 5

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse me while I have a meltdown, followed by nightmares, and possibly a VERY stiff drink.

Here's the story: tonight since there was absolutely nothing on TV until Project Runway came on at 10 I decided to dig out the Halloween decorations. So I first got the ones out of the storage area under the stairs and then went into the garage to get the rest. As soon as I opened the door from the house I heard rustling where we keep the pellets for our fireplace. I immediately slammed the door and told Mike there was something out there - in.the.garage!! Mike went out there and began to look around - he pulled the tarp off of the pellets and there was an opossum sitting on top of them - EEWWW!!!!

Have you ever seen one of these things?? They are like a giant rat, so, so, SO GROSS!

So while I was standing in the door freaking out and Mike was trying to keep me sane and keep his eye on the damn thing it decided to move. It somehow managed to get wedged under the wooden pellet holding the fireplace pellets. Great, now what to do? There was no way to get it out so Mike suggested I call animal control. One problem though, they are only open 9-5 - just our luck! I then did the next best thing and called our neighbor John, another problem though- he went to New York for a couple of days. Now what?

Mike to the rescue. He moved the pellets off of the pellet and scooched the wooden pellet enough so that the little rodent could get out. It went out into the yard and hopefully will not be returning anytime soon.

Next time we move we're going somewhere more populated!! Since we've moved here we've had encounters with a raccoon, 2 opossums, squirrels, and a mouse.

And if you weren't grossed out enough I've
provided a picture.

8 Comments:

Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

It sounds like your mall day was PERFECT!! It also happens to be the kind of day that 1) you get out of the house, 2) you get to GO OUT TO EAT--how often does THAT happen?!!, 3) your house stays clean because Logan's out playing somewhere else and 4) What more can I say about a THREE-HOUR NAP?!!! Too perfect!!

I think it may be time to set a strict no-wild-animals policy in your house! :) I don't think I'm grossed out, but then again, it didn't happen to ME! lol

10/05/2006 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not big on wild animals. I have no idea how I would react, but screaming, slamming the door and running to the other side of the house comes to mind. :)

I agree with Super Baby that you need some strict no-wild-animals policy. Let me know if that works for you. :) hahaha.

~Crystal

10/05/2006 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is pretty scary -- gives me the shivers.

Thanks for the website find - I am always looking for new ww ideas.

Post decoration pics if you can - I would love to see what you do!

10/05/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Poor thing looked just as scared of you as you did of it! :-)

Hugs,
Becca

10/05/2006 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Funny story! I would have freaked out just as you did. Except I probably would have screamed! Ah!!! Thanks for stopping by my space. Sorry I've been out for a while. Just a lot going on and I just didn't feel like getting on the computer for a month! Imagine that! Well, gotta go pick up little Jo!
Have a great weekend friend!

10/05/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

heh-heh...I had to come see the photo!

I HATE RODENTS!!!

As I promised, my house was a rodent free zone! So good to see you today!

-bm

10/06/2006 1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possiums are cute

10/06/2006 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that would have been a surprise - we live on a greenbelt so we get deer and racoons in our backyard and apparently there was a bear in the adjoining backyard of our neighbors in June...scary.

10/07/2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)