Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, October 1

Logan Updates

  • Logan is walking like crazy now!! He's even begun to run a little - it's pretty cute.
  • He loves playing with Pooh Bear - he's starting to understand how to really play "fetch".
  • He's discovered a new game to play - hold onto one of Pooh's toys and taunt him with it. Run around the coffee table if you really want to torment the poor dog.
  • He got his first molar in and is working on the second one. We didn't even realize he was teething until he had his mouth open and Mike noticed a new tooth in there.
  • We went over to a neighbor's house last night for a birthday party and Logan had a blast. They have 2 cats, a bird and a dog and he loved chasing the cats and dog around. They tolerated it pretty well and Logan was actually pretty gentle with them.
  • Friday night we had some friends over for dinner, they have 2 kids (8 & 2 1/2). The older one found Mike's remote control helicopter and decided to play with it. Logan got in the way one time and ended up getting a helicopter to the face. Luckily he only got a little scratch on the nose.
  • We really need to get a gate for the fireplace so that Logan can't get to it. He's so used to walking/crawling around it and touching it that once we have to start using it a gate is about the only way to keep him away from it.
  • We ordered Logan's Halloween costume last night (well, one of them - my Dad bought him another one too) - you'll have to check back for pictures!!

On a different note, check out the previous 2 posts. I've posted some new recipes for October - it's all about apples this month! I'm also participating in a recipe exchange - please check it out and enjoy all the recipes that everyone is sharing!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya- thanks for stopping by, I am finally feeling better! It warmed back up here in Portland too - so I will get some more tomatoes out of my plants!

I look forward to seeing Logan's halloween pics - I may do a formal portrait of Carl in his. We got him Buzz Lightyear, which is what he has been talking about for a month now. And now he wants to be Woody - oh boy.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. The recipes look great!

10/01/2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger Bridie said...

Oh wow,
I wish we did the whole halloween thing in Australia. I can't wait to see some pictures of him all dressed up! Hope you guys have a great weekend!
Bridie

10/01/2006 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya!

The recipes below look really good! Remind me if i forget to share my Sweet Potato Pie recipe, sometime before T-Day.

Tried to look at the Logan cam videos, but couldn't get them to work for me. *sigh*

He sure is getting big, huh?

steve

10/02/2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ooooh, he is getting to be so big!!! Isn't it SO MUCH FUN?? The first molars were pretty "easy" for us, too--with ear infections the only real pain for Scooter. It's these EYE TEETH that are plaguing us!!!

10/02/2006 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://mammabear222.spaces.live.com
Wow the little man is growing up so fast it is crazy!!
We just got our first tooth here at 7 1/2 months, so excited but sad in a way that my last baby seems to be growing too fast for me!!!
~Deb

10/02/2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

oooh, I'm going to have to babyproof a bit! My kids are long past that era of "new walker" and all the hazards and fun that is! I will definitely make my house a mouse-free zone for Thurs!

-bm

10/02/2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm gonna try that apple crisp recipe...that dessert is my absolute FAV!!!

I LMAO @ what you said about Logan almost running already. Laine began walking and running all in the same week!!!

HUGS!!! :)

10/03/2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

yum... your recipes always make me in the mood to try something new. If only I had as much energy as my intentions required!! Logan is too cute. I can't wait for Caleb to start really walking. I can't believe my stubborn little guy thinks it's so fun to crawl- and break my back by needing to be carried so much. Hope you have a nice Tuesday. I'm off to do laundry. :S yuck.

10/03/2006 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember that stage -

That's about when we started singing our little song (Logan, Logan, bovogan and a fee and a fye and a foe fogan...logan!) - stupid, I know, but it stuck and we still sing it!)


I need to check back for recipes later today - thanksgiving dinner is tomorrow so I want to see if anything inspires me in your recipe exchange!

Cheers :)

10/07/2006 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)