Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, October 1

Holiday Cooking - Blogger Style

This week I'm participating with Overwhelmed With Joy! - she is hosting a recipe exchange. I hope you'll all go over and check out the other yummy recipes. Maybe you'll even participate yourself??

My first recipe is one of my favorite ways to make pumpkin pie - it's a little different from the ordinary since it calls for vanilla ice cream.

Tanya's Pumpkin Pie
3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
3 eggs
1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree'
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 (9") pie crusts

Preheat oven to 425*. Place ice cream near oven to melt. In a large bowl, beat eggs until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree'; stir in sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix in melted ice cream. Pour into pie crusts. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temp. to 350* and bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until filling is set.
*Category: Dessert

I've made this recipe a couple of times since I found it and it is so yummy!
It combines stuffing and corn into one delicious mixture - enjoy.

Corny Stuffing Balls
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup onion
1 3/4 cups stuffing - any kind will work
1 1/2 cups corn
1 1/2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

  1. Preheat oven to 375*.
  2. Saute' onion in butter until tender; cool.
  3. In a bowl combine stuffing croutons, corn, eggs, water, salt, pepper, and onion/butter mixture; mix well. Shape into 4-6 balls (more depending on how big you would like them).
  4. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish.
  5. Bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes.

Category: Side Dishes

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, my family is BIG on pumpkin pie, but we've never made it with ice cream before. You can be sure I'll be trying this! The corny stuffing balls sound quite yummy too! :)

Thanks so much for participating in my Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I do appreciate it!

10/02/2006 2:07 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Ice cream in the pumpkin pie sounds delicious! My mom will love the stuffing balls. Thanks so much for sharing! =)

10/02/2006 3:06 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Just when I thought it couldn't get much better than pumpkin pie on the holidays you add vanilla ice cream and it becomes even better. Can't wait to pass this one on to family. Thanks so much for sharing!

10/02/2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Wow! Love the idea of ice cream in the pumkin pie, sounds yummy and I can't wait to try the stuffing balls. :) Thanks. :)

10/02/2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've never seen ice cream in a pumpkin pie recipe. How intriguing. I love that so far everyone's stuffing recipe has been different.

10/02/2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

We love Pumpkin anything.....we even eat it during the spring or summer.
Jen

10/02/2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Interesting twist on pumpkin pie. I bet that makes it really creamy!

10/02/2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I have to try the stuffing balls. That sounds yummy to me and I LOVE pumpkin pie and this variation sounds really good. Thanks bunches!

10/02/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

The pumpkin pie sounds amazing I'll have to try that! Thanks.

10/02/2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

oh, yummy! I suck at making pie though. You'll have to give me some tips...

-bm

10/02/2006 11:09 PM  
Blogger BlondeBrony said...

I like the corny stuffing balls. I could like make them for my vegetarian sister.

10/02/2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Your pumpkin pie sounds soooo yummy!! I'll bet the stuffing balls are too and I can't wait to try them!
Thank you for sharing the recipes with us!
Kelli

10/03/2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both recipes sound wonderful! I look forward to trying both! And like so many others...I'm loving the ice cream in the pumpkin pie idea. :) Thanks for sharing!

10/04/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I bet the ice cream makes it extra rich.

10/04/2006 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)