Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, October 5

We'll Be Doing That Again!

On Wednesdays at our library they have a children's story-time. We went for the first time this last week and Logan absolutely loved it. I think he was a little scared at first because he just sat in my lap and watched all the other kids. After a little bit though he began warming up and actually trying to "sing" along to the rhymes.

Once story-time was over the librarian dug out some toys for the kids to play with. That's when they got crazy! Toddlers were everywhere it was practically an invasion. I was worried how Logan would do with the whole "sharing thing" - but he actually did OK. There was only one time that he took a toy from another child and I made him give it back. I think he just had a great time playing with the other kids.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I use to always take my kids to the library for story time, special things, just to hang out. My two readers loved it for the most part. My two non-readers (more hands on kids) liked to be read to but didn't care much for just hanging out.

10/06/2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I take my youngest to story time at the library every Tuesday. It is a blast! It helps so much with socializing the little nes, too!

10/06/2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

We've been taking Snuggle Bug to Baby Story Times at our libraries since he was about 6 months old.

He's now 21 months and he's advanced to the Toddler Story Times. He loves them!

Glad to hear that Logan had a great time!

10/06/2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Still no trip to the library! :D But! Monday! Rain or shine! We're going!! We may even have our new library card to boot! :) I have a few books and a few videos on reserve so that *just in case*, we can go in, get the paraphanaelia and get out! I need to see if I can find an online schedule of their reading time because I think Scooter would be just as fascinated as Logan was! I didn't realize they had toys, too.... THAT could be interesting. :D

Scooter's been down for a LOOOoong nap--and Mama and Daddy had a nap, too. Much-needed! If only little Emily would have been napping to... She bounced around the duration of the rest period (I know 'cause she woke me up a few times...)

10/07/2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)