Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, November 8

The Webbed Feet are Beginning to Grow

I'm sure you've heard that here in the Pacific NW we are flooding. That is putting it mildly! Bridges are covered in water that I had no idea could be covered in water. Bridges have been washed away, homes have been washed away, and some towns have turned into islands. So what does one do while their town is flooding? Why they drive over to a neighboring town and hit the mall of course! Yes, that is what Logan & I did. I had to get out of the house - we had been stuck in it all day Monday and we were going stir-crazy!! It was amazing driving down the highway and seeing the river that high and running so fast. Thankfully, tonight, the rain has stopped. I'm sure it will start up again soon but at least for now the rivers are receding a little.

(I'm hoping to get out around town tomorrow and take some pictures to post up here.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The pics on the news are nuts! I can't wait for you to post yours! Unbelieavably, it's going to be 70 degrees today in Colorado!

11/08/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

We had sunshine for a few minutes this morning, but it is back to cloudy and gray and looks like rain again. I guess it is nice while it is lasting. I agree with the webbed feet thing!

Thank goodness we are closing in on the two month mark until vacation! Have to have something to look forward to! :-)

Hugs,
Becca

11/08/2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

It's been crazy, hasn't it?! School is STILL closed today. The kids are BORED. We've been watching movies all day!

-bm

11/08/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I have never experienced flooding! My mother-in-law showed me water lines 3/4 the way up on some very tall trees from spring flooding in upstate New York... I just couldn't fathom water getting that high!!! When's the rain supposed to let up?

I ABSOLUTELY think that hitting the mall is a brilliant idea! Did you make it into a lunch activity? Does Logan still enjoy his stroller? Scooter always wants to PUSH his stroller... So we don't use it all that often. It's easier to let him walk and not fight it. :)

11/08/2006 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no sooner did I blog about the rain stopping than it started again last night, as I went to bed.

I see patches of blue out there now though - let's hope it stays...I still don't own a boat!

Holy

11/09/2006 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)