Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, November 12

What a Fun Night, with Added Drama

Last night Mike & I went out for a date. We had such a great time (besides sitting in traffic). We ate at our favorite Chinese restaurant - Shanghai Garden, in Issaquah. I'm actually writing a review on it so I guess it served us two purposes last night. After our yummy, yummy dinner we headed down to the Tacoma Dome for the Dixie Chicks concert. I think the last concert we went to was over a year ago and it was at a local bar.

We got to the Dome about 20 minutes late which was OK though since we had never heard of the opening act. I don't even remember his name but I think Mike summed up his singing pretty well - Awkward!! Especially since he sang "Natural Woman" during his set. The Dixie Chicks, on the other hand, were great! I love going to concerts where they actually sound the same live as they do on their CD's. Our seats weren't the best but luckily they had a projection TV that zoomed in on their faces throughout the show. Of course though, there has to be some sort of drama going on. I have no idea what it was about but while the third song was being sung all of a sudden people started standing up and getting out of their seats. I figured they were just going to start dancing or something. Nope - a fight broke out about 8 seats away from us. Luckily one of the guys got kicked out and not allowed to come back (wow, was his girlfriend M-A-D!) and the other two missed about half of the show. THEN while they were still "looking into the situation" Mike decided to move to stretch his legs a little and security began pointing at him! Thankfully they realized he was not a part of it so nothing came of that.

The Chicks sang all of their past hits and quite a few from their new album. They put on such a great show!! They even dedicated a song to K-Fed in light of the recent events that have happened to him. They sang "White Treash Wedding" for him. You can read the lyrics HERE - aren't they fitting?

Our neighbors were nice enough to watch Logan and according to Jayne he was "absolutely lovely" the whole night. I'm so glad that he was so well-behaved and didn't give them any trouble. Maybe we'll be able to do this a little more often :)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.


B.

TCA peel

Headlight Repair

11/12/2006 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Concerts are cool. I like the Dixie Chicks. Glad you had fun. I haven't been to a concert since the 1980s BUT Marissa and I are going to THE CHEETAH GIRLS in December. It is part of her Christmas Gift and it is a surprise and she won't know until we are at the concert!!!! She will freak!!
SAAM

11/13/2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

Mmmm...dates with the hubby - and DIXIE CHICKS to boot!!! Awesome. Truly jealous. I love the d.c's!

Enjoy the afterglow too mama!

11/13/2006 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a night out! I think it's great you have such wonderful neighbors. I have recently decided that I am not waiting for my real estate agent to have a get-together for my neighbors (so I can meet them). I am just going to do it myself!

I hope you get more nights out like the last one!

~Crystal

11/13/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I am so glad to hear that you like the Dixie Chicks! How polictically uncorrect you are! :-) I love their music! It sounds like you had a great evening out.

Hugs,
Becca

11/13/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

When sitters gush to me about how good Scooter was, I figure they're lying--ha ha ha! lol And that the sitter wants more money!!! :D It sounds like you guys had an amazing evening out--my favorite thing is just to spend time with Jonathan--without Scooter. As much as I love our baby boy, we can't focus on each other when we're constantly working with a toddler. :D

I like a couple of Dixie Chicks songs, but I'm one of those who is still mad at them for being so vocally anti-Bush. I'm ticked at Barbra Streisand, too... I may or may not agree with what they're saying, but my issue with them is... they're artists! They're musicians! When did politics enter that arena? I mean... (yes, I feel strongly about this! lol) if I wanted to go to a political debate or convention I would have gone there instead of to a concert! :D

Scooter's scaling his child gate--I'm going to have to run and put him back into his bed. Ahhh, the joys of naptime. :D

11/13/2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

DEFINITELY do it more often! I treasure those times alone with my husband. I think every couple needs them. FREQUENTLY. :-)

11/13/2006 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date nights are awesome! I hope you are able to enjoy many more :)

11/14/2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

It's Tuesday already!! I'm dying without an update! Is it wrong to be addicted to blog updates??? lol Especially when I KNOW that Logan's up to *something* cute. :) What are you kids doing for Thanksgiving? Anything fun? Are you cooking??? It's just going to be we chickens at our house for the big day--Tabitha'll be here to help cook, and hopefully Jonathan'll alternate between helping wash dishes and watching/playing with Scooter.. :)

11/14/2006 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the Dixie Chicks. And any night that involves Chinese food rocks! Glad that you enjoyed your date. Parents don't get those nights too often.

11/16/2006 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)