Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, November 16

Quite the Morning!

Last night Mike & I switched vehicles since the car needed an oil change. Since I would have the car for the day I made an appointment for Pooh Bear to get his nails trimmed - it's very difficult for him to get into the Explorer by himself and there is no way I can lift a 90 pound dog! And yes, we pay someone to trim his nails - $20 is a bargain since he can be quite the pain while we do it. And I'm worried about cutting down into the quick and making him bleed. So this morning Logan, Pooh, & I made our way into town. Logan was absolutely thrilled to have Pooh Bear in the back seat with him! He giggled and talked to him the whole time. (The last time they rode together was at Christmas time last year and Logan was more concerned with screaming than paying attention to Pooh.) Everything was fine until it was time to get them both out of the car.

Have you ever tried to "walk" a large dog and make sure your 15 month old is following? It is NOT FUN! OMG - the vet that we take Pooh to is on a somewhat busy road. Logan just wanted to stand there and watch all the cars going by and Pooh Bear......well all he wanted to do was mark his territory. Everywhere!! So if I wasn't yelling at Logan, I was yelling at Pooh Bear. And of course, neither one would listen. Logan just kept pointing at the cars and Pooh, well he just kept pooing. We finally made it into the vet and everything went fine and there.

And then it was time to leave. Just read the above paragraph again since they both did the same thing.

I hope you all had a great Wednesday - I don't want to repeat mine anytime soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

It sounds like you need TWO leashes! One for Logan and one for Pooh Bear! The GOOD NEWS IS.... Scooter is MUCH better now about holding my hand when we go places. GOOD THING, too because in my current "condition," I am in hard-up to chase him if he gets away--and if he's running, forget it. Anyway, he holds my hand or I carry him, one of the two. And he likes the freedom of walking (and stopping to smell the proverbial rose) while holding my hand, so... :) Anyway. A spot of hope! A ray of sun! It gets better!!! And soon! :D

11/16/2006 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://mammabear222.spaces.live.com
A fold up umbrella stroller was my best friend, it is great to take time out for a walk with them when they can walk and you can appropriately keep an eye on them, but the quick trips that need doing, require the "little stroller" that way you always know where he is :)
Just a thought!
Hope you have a happy Thursday, we are teething here again, ugh!!
God Bless

11/16/2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

What a day! I had to smile! I know that you had your hands full but it still makes me smile! What a great mom you are!

Becca

11/16/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

Sometimes I think our Logans share a lot more than just a name :)

He likes to imitate and help a lot as well...he's gotten the *smack, ahhhh* down after taking a sip of juice, etc. Too cute. I just wish I could catch it on video!!!

FTMo2

11/16/2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely dog :)

11/16/2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I agree, my umbrella stroller has been one of the best things we invested in. We got one of the chicco ones from Target. It's light weight, but not flimsy. I highly recommend it!! Logan sure is growing up. Isn't it fun to see them get some independance? It's just the beginning I'm afraid. Ameliah is just starting to listen about not running in the road.. and she's 3!! Caleb has just started to venture out on his own. I will have to cart around our big double stroller to keep track of him and the new baby. I hope your Thursday has been more pleasant than your Wednesday was!!

11/16/2006 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)