Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Friday, August 8

Doctor's Appointment

My appointment went well yesterday. I have gained 9 pounds so I am up a total of 12 pounds overall. I'm sure at least half of that is the baby because I can tell that he is running out of room in there!!

I had an actual exam yesterday to check if there was any progress going on down there. So far, not much. I'm not dilated at all. I go back for my next check-up on Wednesday. He'll check to see how I'm doing at that point and we will probably discuss an induction a little bit further.

We did briefly talk about me getting induced. The doctor is not against it which is good. I was induced 2 days early with Logan and everything went fine with that so I'm all for it again if the doctor agrees. Unfortunately my doctor will be out of town from August 19-24 so my days for an induction are pretty limited. It would happen either August 18th or the 25th so we should know more again after the next appointment.

I DO NOT want the baby to come late though. I don't think I've written about it on the blog yet but my brother is leaving on September 2nd to study abroad for his junior year of college. He will be in Ireland until at least next summer. Which means if the baby is too late Uncle Taylor will not meet him until he's almost a year old.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

pleased everything is going well
praying it all happens soon
and that Uncle Taylor gets to meet his nephew before he goes away to college
jen

8/09/2008 2:22 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

HURRAY! for your doctor! Every time I mentioned induction with him (this was a month or so out, ha ha), the doctor'd give me a dirty look. But they ended up having to do an induction anyway with all of the health issues, so I guess he should have just listened to me! It seems to me that your doctor has sound reasoning skills. Listen to your pregnant patient and live. :D

8/09/2008 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)