Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, March 14

Home Sweet Home No More

I'm finally going to write about our trip. But first I have to tell you something - it was over 70* here the other day. Can you believe it?? ND in March and it's over 70!


OK the trip - it was great! It was so good to see our friends from out there. We arrived there Thursday night, picked up our luggage and went to get our rental car. We rented a Dodge Charger - it was a great car. Although I'm surprised we didn't get a ticket since you could accelerate very quickly. Since it was pretty late we just decided to stay around the hotel and relax.

Friday morning we got up bright and early and headed to Bellevue. We each got haircuts (I think I got about 6" chopped off) and then went to Trader Joe's. I miss that place already! You can get the best snack food from there and it is so cheap. After shopping there we went over to the bank where I used to work. I got to see some of my co-workers and talk to my manager. He gave us some great advice about what to do once our house is sold. After that we made the trip to Tacoma where Mike was graduating. The graduation went really well - Mike's speech was great. He did such a good job (even though it only took him about 20 min. to write it). Once the graduation was finished we went out to an early dinner with some of his classmates and their families. Later that night we went to Crate & Barrel to do some shopping and then met one of Mike's former manager's, along with her family, at The Cheesecake Factory. Since we had already eaten we just ordered an appetizer and of course got some cheesecake to go. I mean you can't go to The Cheesecake Factory and not get cheesecake!!

Saturday morning we headed down to Pike Place Market to do some more shopping. I bought some really cute magnets. They are pictures of what Seattle is known for (Pike Place, salmon, umbrella, Space Needle, etc.) on little marbles. We also got some of their jumbo cashews - yum!! After we were done at Pike Place we went back to the hotel to relax for a little bit. We then met about 12 of our friends for dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. One of our neighbor's were unable to join us but they sent some gifts with our other neighbors. Logan received a cute little shirt that says "Seattle, it rains a little here" and a motorcycle and we got some Space noodles (dried pasta in the shape of the Space Needle). After dinner we went over to a bar to visit with some of Mike's co-workers.

It was fantastic seeing everyone but it almost seemed as though we had never left since it had only been a month since had moved.

Sunday morning we flew out bright and early so nothing exciting happened that day. We had a full day of traveling though since once we landed in Billings (and having dinner with Mike's cousin) we drove back to ND. We got back home around 12:30 am.

It was a great trip and I hope we're able to go back out to Seattle in the near future.

We are still house-hunting :( I'm getting tired of going and looking at homes that aren't what we are looking for. We are really starting to consider having one built. Some great news though - our house will be closing tomorrow as long as all goes as planned! Yay!!


My laptop is broken. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Gateway and they will be sending me out a new motherboard. Until that arrives there will be no pictures.

**Update: the laptop has been fixed!**

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a real goood trip and those jumbo cashews I totally agree with u - yum!!!!!

3/14/2007 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! Sorry you're not having much luck in the house hunting arena. I have to say I don't miss that. If you build, at least you get what you want, but I have also heard the whole process can be rather stressful! Can't wait to see some pictures (when you get that motherboard of course. See, even computers can't work without their mother telling them what to do!).

3/15/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

I can't believe your house is that close to being GONE already!!! That is WONDERFUL news. And I know what you mean about finding a house to meet your expectations. We've been considering a move to just decrease our commute time and I am not evening finding ANYthing that I want to even take a look at!! :(

3/15/2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I am so glad that you are able to post! Glad to see that you are back!

Hugs,
Becca

3/16/2007 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tanya!!

Sounds like it was a great trip! Congrats on Mike's graduation! Good luck on house hunting. Don't give up hope and DON'T SETTLE! If you don't like what you're seeing... just hold out... something WILL pop out at you at the right time. That's how this house we're in was.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Sarah

3/17/2007 1:23 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

SOUNDS LIKE FUN!! We're in Salt Lake right now, for the most part enjoying ourselves. It's hard not to have Jonathan here with me, helping me. :)

My special request is to see a picture of the space noodles. :D

3/17/2007 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the sale of the house and on Mike's graduation!

It sounds like the trip to Seattle was great - I would love to make a trip and just spend time having fun!

Good luck on the house hunting!

3/19/2007 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)