Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, February 5

Sunday the 28th

(eating yogurt with Uncle Taylor)
I think this day, by far, was the best. Mainly because when we woke up we knew that we would be seeing our little munchkin later that day.

We woke up around 6:30, showered, and treated ourselves to the yummy breakfast that the C'Monn Inn provided. I think we were on the road around 7:30. The roads were good and the mountain passes were behind us so by the time we got to Billings we decided to ditch the car dollie and drive the rest of the way separate. I was so glad we did! From Glendive to our destination the wind was very strong and pulling the car would have been really hard to do.

Mike's Mom had Logan for the weekend so we drove to our little hometown to pick him up. We had prepared ourselves for seeing him and knew that he might not have a great reaction to us. We had been told that he might begin to cry or get clingy towards Grandma (a now familiar face).

(getting pulled by Grandpa)
The feeling I got when I saw my little boy is indescribable. We walked into Charlene's (Mike's Mom) house and they were sitting at the kitchen table. Logan was having a little snack. He looked up at Mike & me and just stared at us for the longest time. For what seemed like forever, he continued to look at us. The whole time we were both talking to him and saying hi. After about 2 minutes he decided he wanted down from the chair. He got down and walked over to Mike and held his arms up. Mike scooped him up and Logan said "Hi" - my heart melted :) He gave us the biggest grins and from that point on we had our little boy back. For a little while though he was wringing his hands constantly. I think it was because he was either nervous or didn't quite know how to react. Maybe a combination of the two. Either way it was great to have him back!

It had definitely been a hard 3 weeks being away from him but it also gave Logan a chance to get to know everyone, without Mommy and Daddy around. After seeing how he is around all of his "new" family, the move has been worth it!

(folding laundry with Uncle Taylor)

*The router has been fixed so I'm back up and running. Well, almost, Mike still has to get our server back up so that my videos and blog title will appear again.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost started crying while reading your post. I can just imagine how exited you were to see your little boy again.

2/07/2007 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just feel the excitement at seeing Logan again. I would be on pins and needles, just waiting for that smile that says "I am so glad you are back mom".

so glad you get to be back with him all the time. How are things going now? Getting settled in?

I will talk to you soon!

~Crystal

2/07/2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

Hey Tanya,
Hope you guys are doing well adjusting to the move! I can already feel a vacant spot out here in WA! :(

-bm

2/07/2007 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya -

I am glad you are safely there - I loved the story. I don't know how you were able to be away so long.

It made me think back to my homecoming after my trip to Europe. I missed my boy so much!

I hope unpacking is going well and you are getting settled.

Take Care!

2/07/2007 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya I dont how u did it
i miss Billy when he goes to his granddad for just a week
still u got heaps done
bet youre happy to b together again

2/07/2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

I can only imagine what it would feel like after three weeks. We were gone for 10 days for vacation last year with our little man.

Glad the reunion went well - and wringing his hands - what a cute little man!!!

2/08/2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

yay, I'm so glad you are back with your little Logan- I'm glad you traveled safely!

I'm not looking forward to the packing/moving things here- and we're not even moving very far away. It's hard to do with the kids around though. :)

Glad you are back to your blog too. Have a lovely day!

2/08/2007 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://proudmammabear.spaces.live.com

Hey there we are finally all healthy and back at it here. Glad to hear that you made it and are back with Logan once again!

God Bless!
Deb

2/08/2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. You are missed here already, you know that? I heard something from a little birdie...

Hugs,
Becca

2/08/2007 2:19 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Are you expecting??? I saw Becca's comment. *grin* !! :) Just being away in the hospital for a few days, WITH visits, Scooter was clingy for a couple of weeks... I'll be interested to hear how it goes, and I'll be hoping happy things for you! How's house hunting??????

2/08/2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

That you might be coming this way a few months from now for a certain gathering? Hmmm is there just a wee bit of truth to that rumor or are my hopes going to be cruelly dashed? :-)

And yes I am having a great Friday! Hanging out and waiting for Mitch to come home.

How are you?

Hugs,
Becca

2/09/2007 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)