Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, January 31

It's About Time!

There, I said it for all of you! Sorry it's taken me so long to give an update but we've been busy. Prepare yourself, the next couple of entries might be kind of long-winded :) I'll start with Friday the 26th.

This was a completely CRAZY day! The mover's arrived at 8 am (right on time) and began moving stuff out of our house. They were SO impressed that we had packed so much and put most of the boxes out in the garage for them. This was the first time that we have moved that we have hired a company to help us. It is definitely easier than doing it all yourself! We still had a lot of stuff to pack up as they were moving things out to the truck. It is amazing how much stuff we have accumulated.

By around noon it looked as though they were almost finished up. Almost everything had been moved out of the house except the beds and couches. I ran into town and grabbed some lunch for everyone, once we finished eating though things just seemed to slow down - ALOT! I'm not sure what really happened but all of a sudden it was 3:30 and they still were not done. (Originally the driver/owner of the truck had said they should be done by 2 or 3 without a problem.) This is the point where I began to stress a little, mainly because of the fact that we had a going away dinner party that was scheduled to start at 6:30 that evening (at a restaurant about an hour away from our home).

Shortly after the panic set in our wonderful neighbor's came over to help us out. They began cleaning, packing, and just helping out where ever they were needed. Basically just being the great neighbor's that we have had for the past 4 years.

We did the final walk-through with the moving company around 5 pm. Once they left we raced around and did the final stuff - getting the truck loaded, checking the house over once more, and getting the car loaded on the trailer. (We towed the car behind the truck for a good portion of the trip.)

We left the house shortly after 6 pm and got to the restaurant a little after 7. Thankfully we weren't the last ones to our own party :)

The party was wonderful! It was so great to see so many of our friends, especially the ones we had not seen in a while. That is the hardest part about moving - you realize a lot of the great things as you're leaving. The party did have some bad parts though, well only one really - NONE of my former co-workers from the bank came. I could not believe it, I wanted to cry. I was so pissed that night after the party.

That night we stayed in a hotel - more to come tomorrow!

*I have been reading my regular blogs - I just haven't had time to comment :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got the house all packed up on time. A half-hour late to your own party isn't that bad! *wink* I'm sorry to hear that none of your old co-workers came. Don't let it bug you too much... You have more important things to think about. I hope you were over it soon enough.

It definitely is sad to leave people you've known for years behind, but just think of the beginning of a new chapter in your life that you are heading towards. All will be well!

Have a great weekend! Can't wait to read more!

HUGS! Sarah

2/01/2007 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it! I have been checking all week to make sure. :) I am glad to hear some feedback on having someone else move your things. I told Kevin we are DEFINITELY going that route next time. The last couple of moves have just been too stressful for us, especially with Charis in tow.

I imagine you are so happy to be back with Logan, so I will go and let you spend some more time with him!

Big hugs!
~Crystal M.

2/01/2007 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it! I have been checking all week to make sure. :) I am glad to hear some feedback on having someone else move your things. I told Kevin we are DEFINITELY going that route next time. The last couple of moves have just been too stressful for us, especially with Charis in tow.

I imagine you are so happy to be back with Logan, so I will go and let you spend some more time with him!

Big hugs!
~Crystal M.

2/01/2007 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every New Beginning Comes from some other beginning's end ;)

God Bless! We have been dreadedly sick around here, so I hope to be back soon!

2/01/2007 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey -

good to know the trip went well.

Looking forward to hearing about your mother and child reunion!

2/01/2007 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a moving company certanity do make it easier
sori none of your workmates from the bank came to your party

look forward to reading more soon

2/02/2007 12:35 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I would be SO MAD (because I had been SO DISAPPOINTED) that my old co-workers didn't come!! You think you've built a relationship--one where YOU would have gone to a moving party of THEIRS... I always say that these are the moments when you know who your true friends are. :) Of course with that in mind, I didn't come to your party--but trust me, I'm a friend nonetheless. *grin* Glad you're back online!! :D

2/02/2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

Can't wait to hear more about the adventure - and the reunion with your little one :)

2/03/2007 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)