Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, January 23

Stress Is Good, Right???

Here is the countdown:
-Moving company is coming Friday morning to pick our stuff up.
-Hopefully moving company does not take very long so that we are able to vacuum one last time and shampoo the carpets.
-We planned a dinner party to say goodbye to our friends Friday night at 6:30 at a restaurant about an hour away.
-We are hoping to rent a hotel room down by the restaurant, that way we will not have to drive back to the house and sleep on the floor. (That will be wet from the shampooing (is that a word??))
-We have plans every night this week except Thursday night.
-We still have a lot of packing to do.
-Having family call or friends ask how the packing going is NOT helping my stress level.
-I keep reminding myself 4 more days, 4 more days and this stress will be gone - permanently!

5 Comments:

Blogger FTMo2 said...

Stress can HELP manage your deadlines. I'm sure you'll be fine!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new home come fall. Did Mike end up taking anymore interviews?

1/23/2007 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stress can be a good thing. For me, anyway, it helps push me to get more done quickly. My only suggestion would be to (if you have caller ID) only answer the phone calls you need to. They will leave a message if it's important and then you don't have to stop your packing to answer the phone! :)

I hope you have a wonderful week. I am sure everything will work out. Enjoy your party and just keep thinking about getting home!

I'll talk to you later!

~Crystal M.

1/23/2007 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it big sister! I love you very much and am looking forward to coming home every break and seeing my whole famiy.

1/23/2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

Well, THERE'S the family member's comments! :) Loved your brother's encouragement. Sounds like your family's looking forward to having you back home.

BTW, I think we'll take a pass on the XBox gms. My husband just isn't in shopping mode I guess :)

-bm

1/24/2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

HA!!! LOL! That is too funny! I know exactly waht you mean--everyone means so well and wants to encourage you, but the encouragement is just time away from getting everything ready to go! lol It's ONLY funny because it's you, not me. :D Believe me, I've been there! You'll do fine, and if you don't quite meet your deadlines it won't be the end of the world (but I'm sure you will meet those deadlines!). I cringed when I read about the dinner party until I finished the sentence and realized it would be at a restaurant--you smart girl! :) You'll have a blast and it'll be such a release and relief to get away from the house and enjoy yourselves! If the shampooingers (THAT isn't a word, but shampooing IS *grin*) don't get in early enough because the moving guys are still there, I'll kick the moving guys in the knee caps for you, okay?

I'm exhausted and have to go to bed but had to say hi. :) You're doing GREAT! :D

1/24/2007 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)