Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, January 1

Updates

Where to start, where to start - guess for now you'll get the bulleted list.

-Logan & I went to the park for the last time of the year on the 22nd. It was a beautiful day out and we had so much fun. I can still remember the very first time we went - Logan was too small to even go in the toddler swing! Time goes by much too fast.

-On the 23rd we went down to Bellevue to view the Garden d'Lights. It is amazing what can be done with Christmas lights!

-We had a nice, quiet Christmas at home. Christmas Eve we opened our gifts and had a very yummy prime rib dinner. It was our first time making it but it turned out great! We all got some great gifts including Logan who got a ride-on tractor from my Mom & Dad. He's enjoyed running into Pooh Bear and pushing the horn constantly.

-Mike also is officially done with college! He finished his last work on Christmas Eve - I am so proud of him! Some parts have been a struggle, but in the end it was worth it.

-Christmas morning Santa stopped by and I received a lovely silver watch with 4 diamonds. I must have been good :) Christmas Day we had our neighbor's up for dinner. Mike made knoefla soup - it of course turned out great. Although it makes me question why he doesn't cook more often. Logan had a blast showing off his dancing skills and Shar helped him add a little something to it - he now waves his hands in the air and attempts to snap his fingers.

-Tuesday Mike went back to work but has been off now the rest of the week. I cannot wait until they either hire him full-time or he finds another job - preferably back in ND!

-Speaking of ND, we will all be flying back there next weekend. Mike has an interview that Monday. We'll be there Saturday through Tuesday so it will be a pretty quick trip but it will be nice to see everyone. Mike will also find out while we're back if they'll offer him the job so no waiting game this time around.

-I did some major after Christmas shopping and I got some pretty good deals. Of course I went to Bath & Body works, got some perfume at Victoria's Secret, and found some nice Christmas stuff at Target, Jo-Ann's, Yankee candle, Ben Franklin, and Coast to Coast.

-New Year's was spent tending to a sick child. Logan had a fever, runny nose, cough, and major drooling. I think he's getting in some teeth. We've been keeping him dosed up on Motrin and Dimetapp and for the most part it's working. He did wake up 3 times but it could have been much worse. He also managed to be awake at midnight so he helped us ring in a new year.

-New Year's Day Logan was feeling well enough that we were able to go to our neighbor's house for a lovely dinner.

I think that's about it for now. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful christmas! I can imagine it is quite a relief for Mike to be done with school. Now, to put that education to work (in ND of course)! :) I am sorry to hear Logan wasn't feeling well. We went through the exact same thing on christmas day! Do kids have some sort of programming that they start teething and getting sick on holidays or when you have an important trip to make? I would swear they do!

Anyway, enjoy your trip back home! I hope all goes well there for you!

1/02/2007 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Tanya! Your holidays and week sound lovely to me. Too often, we get caught up in the running around, and fail to enjoy spending time with each other. Sounds like you spent lots of quality time together.

I hope all goes well in ND. Since you posted yesterday, does that mean you leave on the 6th? My internal calendar is completely messed up, so I don't know which way is up - we got back last night from BC, and the boys already have to go back to school this morning. We're ALL out of whack!

Have a fantastic day!

Honor

1/02/2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Will you be back before we leave on vacation? I am going to want to hear the news! We leave on the 12th, early in the morning. I am so glad that all is going well with all of you. Good luck to Mike! Keeping fingers crossed!
Becca

1/02/2007 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to Mike on the next interview. Take care travelling.. I hope Logan will be feeling better by then. It's hard enough with a sick toddler, let alone travelling with one! Take Care!

BTW, that tractor is extra cute!

1/02/2007 12:13 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Yay, I'm glad you are back to blogging. :) Sounds like the holidays went well for you. I hope that this job comes through in ND! We are all sick here, and I'm afraid my little Dylan is has it. Not fun to have a sick newborn. I love Logan's little tractor! Caleb would have a grand time on one of those! Hope you are all well.

1/02/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

Oooh - I love that tractor! It looks like perfect size. My parents got Logan a Ford Truck but his little legs aren't long enough to hit the petal. He prefers pusing it than riding it - LOL!

Happy New Years! I can't wait to hear about the trip to ND!

1/02/2007 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya!

Sounds like you had a terrific holiday week! I'm sorry that Logan was sick. I think it's funny that doctors say that fever, runny nose, etc aren't necessarily pointing to cutting a tooth, but I found that they only time my girls were drool buckets and feverish was when they were cutting a tooth! Go figure! LOL! I hope he feels better very soon.

I hope your hubby finds out more on his job. How frustrating it must be to be in the dark about things.

Have a wonderful week!!!

Sarah

1/02/2007 3:16 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Now, now... lol I haven't been to see anybody! Dumb Explorer has been freezing up on me! And you need to update! :D

Now that we're mutually chastized *grin*... Our little boys are growing up so quickly--it's hard to imagine where time has gone. :( While I was worried about new baby issues for the longest time, I've been surprised at the joy I find in nighttime feedings--when it's just Emily and me, and the house is quiet. She's so much easier than Scooter was (hope I'm not jinxing myself!)... While he cried all the time, she rarely peeps (mostly in frustration as we collaborate on feedings). I used to wonder if Scooter would EVER sleep, and now I wonder if Emily will EVER wake up! lol My chest is swollen with milk as she sleeps like a little lamb. :S lol

Be happy, Miss! You're the only one getting a comment from this tired girl tonight. :)

OH! P.S.! We still haven't opened about 5 of Scooter's gifts... One per day is about our average. :) One of those gifts is from Logan, so that's why I haven't said anything yet! It's next on our list. :D

1/02/2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger The Beast Mom said...

Hey Tanya,
Congrats to Mike for finishing! That's such a big accomplishment! I hope the interview goes well - keep us posted.

I agree about the Bellevue lights display. We missed it this year due to sickness, but that's usually a not-to-be-missed annual outing for our family.

I hope we get some better weather soon - another of our neighbor's trees just crashed down in the high winds this morning. Glad you got out to the park w/ L recently. :)

Happy New Year my friend.

Love, BM

1/02/2007 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)