Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Tuesday, December 12

What Will Happen This Time?

Mike flies out early (like, the butt-crack of before dawn) tomorrow morning and I can't help but be nervous. Not for the reasons you might think though. You see, every time Mike has left on a trip something goes wrong around here - every.single.time. I'm worried about what will happen this time. Here's what I've endured the other couple of times:

-the first time he left (to go to San Francisco) we had an ice storm. Yes, an ice storm! It happened on an early Wednesday morning and I had just gotten out of the shower when the power went out. I finished getting ready for work and walked out my front door and promptly slipped on the ice and smacked my back on the cement steps (maybe that helps explain my chronic lower back pains). I walked over to the truck and could not open the door. There was over 1/4" of ice covering everything! I decided there was no way I was going to work. I spent the day reading and napping. My lovely neighbors invited me to go into town with them for an early dinner. That night I went to bed early (around 9) and because the power was still out we had no heat. So I lit almost every candle in the house and put them in our bedroom. Of course as soon as I climbed into bed the power came back on. I had lit over 70 candles - yeah, I'm a candle-freak!!

-the second time he left was after Logan was born (another trip to San Francisco) in January. We had another freakish storm and the power went out. Thank goodness Logan was in bed already. It was out until about 5 am so I did have to make a bottle once in the middle of the night in the dark. At least we still had warm water for the bottle so I guess that time it wasn't so bad.

-I think there was one other time, might have been when he went to NYC, that the "check engine" light came on in the truck. I didn't want to drive the truck because I was worried it would blow up or something. I called my Dad (as if he could do anything all the way in ND) crying, wondering what I should do. He had me get the owner's manual. Did you know that it is not a big deal if that light comes on? Usually it comes on for the dumbest reasons. You would think it would mean something major since the engine is a major component in a vehicle! I think ours had something to do with air getting into the drive train. I don't remember - I've tried to block most of the memories from my mind.

Please send good thoughts my way but especially Mike's way since he's interviewing on Thursday!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, sending good luck vibes Mike's way for a successful interview.

I know what you mean about things happening while hubby is away, though my hubby is out of town so frequently that I can't keep track of all the bizarre things we experience. As a matter of fact, he's gone this week, too. Nothing of note has occurred yet, but we still have three days left...

It's been raining here off and on (mostly on) for the last two days. Don't think our Christmas is going to be white this year. :(

When does Mike return? Will keep my fingers crossed all goes smoothly...for BOTH of you!

Honor
sothbaseball.spaces.live.com

p.s. Still can't log in.

12/13/2006 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Mike! I'll be sending well wishes your guyzes way even though I don't really want you guys to leave the area!

The butt crack of dawn - I've never heard that - hilarious!

And sometimes things don't come in threes - so ignore this big wind storm thing coming in tomorrow but just in case, avoid sitting near large trees outside just in case!

12/13/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

NOW you tell me about the check engine light!!! lol

I love the picture! Have you guys started thinking about a toddler bed for Logan? I don't know if it's a bigger step for the parents or for the baby!!!!! LOL I'm glad we did it when we did because Scooter's totally acclimated and all is well. :)

12/13/2006 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The car manufacturers put that "Check Engine" light in there so that they can soak you for a few bucks when you come in to get it checked.

It serves no other function.

~(:>)

12/14/2006 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)