Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Monday, December 11

Caught by Surprise!

I completely surprised Mike on Sunday night! I could not believe I pulled it off and didn't blab it to him. Our lovely neighbors, John & Jayne, babysat Logan for us and I took him out to a lovely dinner at Benihana's. We both ate way too much but it was oh, so yummy!

The look on Mike's face when Jayne walked through the door was hilarious. He just had a look that said "what is she doing here and why do you have a smile on your face?" Of course, though we hadn't even left town and he figured out where we were going. I guess the fact that we had to make reservations was a tip-off (since there are maybe two restaurants that we like (and can afford) that require reservations).

Jayne came up a little bit early so that we were able to do a little shopping before dinner. I now have one gift left to get (besides Mike and Pooh Bear) and I am completely done shopping. Yay!

Mike flies out on Wednesday and this was my way to wish him luck on the interview. I know he'll do a great job!

6 Comments:

Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

*laughing* I don't mean to be the post enforcer--lol You can post whenever you like! Just that I go through serious withdrawals whenever there ISN'T a post--shakes and everything. No kidding! :D lol

What a great thing--surprising Mike! I am not very good with surprises--ESPECIALLY when I'm excited about the surprise!! I'm getting a little better with age, I guess... But now I'm not into "surprising," I'm into being "spontaneous." That's code word for surprise that's done on the spur of the moment instead of waiting for it. :D Ta-da!

Yes, thank your lucky stars that Logan likes a clean bum! Scooter just can't be bothered, thank-you-very-much! :) I'm glad that time out worked in some form because oh boy was I worried.

OH! I watched Super Nanny for the first time tonight! My sister's been bugging me to watch it for a while. It was interesting, but since my sister's given me a couple of tips from the program before (like bedtime 1-2-3 rules) I only learned one thing... We are going to need to change time out from being behind a closed door to having to stay put in one spot for the period of time out. *ahem* For obvious reasons... lol I don't think the time is quite right... but it's very soon. We have to figure out a time out place first, I think... A specific place where one goes when one is naughty.

Anyway... :) Loved the post. Don't think this gets you off the hook for tomorrow!!!! :D ha ha ha

12/11/2006 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benihana - YUM! YUM! YUM!!!!! Do they have the shrimp sauce at that one? They do at the one in Mpls, but I've been to a Benihana in Hawaii and they didn't have the shrimp sauce... it just wasn't the same.

12/12/2006 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya, I love eating at Benihana's!

It's not just that the food is great, but you also get a "floor show" thrown in for free.

Love watching those guys twirl those knives around!

Sounds like you guys had a good time.

steve

12/12/2006 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You SO rock, Tanya. Will you marry ME? ;-)

Hope you're having a swell week! Have a fabulous day!

Honor

P.S. I couldn't log in. Your site DOES hate me. :(

12/12/2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Okay, just because you think I'm in labor and won't read your blog... lol It was FALSE LABOR. Details on our blog, but no, there's no Emily. *pouting* No babies today, darn it.

12/12/2006 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pleased you had a nice evening
its nice having helpful friendly neighbours too :)

12/17/2006 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)