Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Sunday, February 4

Saturday the 27th

We started out very early in the morning. Like, way before the butt-crack of dawn early. It was still dark out early. Have I told you how I am NOT a morning person? We got up around 5 am and on the road at 6. Thankfully the roads were good so pulling the car wasn't too bad. Except anytime we came upon the tiniest hill we would slow down to about 50 mph. But it was definitely better than driving alone!

The day was pretty uneventful since we spent it mostly driving. But I did have one highlight - I got to meet another blogging friend!! Since I knew we were going through her area I emailed Honor earlier in the week. I gave her a call when we got to close to where they live and they all met us for breakfast. It was great to meet her, her hubby, and their two boys. Unfortunately the boys had gotten a little carsick on the way to meet us so they weren't too talkative at first. But by the time breakfast arrived they were feeling much better.

It was great to get to meet them, they were so nice. It's just a shame that we probably won't see them again. But now I can add another real-life blogging friend to my list :)

We drove to Bozeman that night and stayed at the C'mon Inn. It was a great hotel - they had 5 hot tubs, a pool, and a kiddie pool. We got there around 8 pm, ordered a pizza, and then went and spent some time in the hot tub. It felt great!! I think that night I fell asleep before 10 - I was so exhausted!

More to come soon :)

*My computer is down temporarily so I haven't been blog hopping. Mike bought a new router so hopefully that will fix the problem.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im NOT a morning person either. Coffee helps a bit.
OMGoodness 5 am !! That would have been tough even with coffee.
What an exciting breakfast that must have been.
Nice photo
Im not surprised you were exhausted what a long day you had

2/04/2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I don't know if you'd consider me a morning person or not--Jonathan says I am and he lives with me, so I guess that says something. :) My mother says that my mouth starts going before my brain does in the morning... Maybe I should leave the confessions at that? :)

Our wireless router was having problems today, too. *frown* There's no way of replacing it for a while, so it had better last!

Okay... I'm ready for the next installment of the trip! :)

2/04/2007 10:37 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Mitch says I am perky in the morning, I have no idea what he means by that, but he can think what he wants. Nice to "see" you!

Hugs,
becca

2/05/2007 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a morning person iether!! Meeting another blogger is so cool!!!

2/05/2007 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Person? I suppose I am, but only on my own terms. Waking up early with my daughter....no. Waking up early because I want to...sure. A nice, long hot shower usually helps though. :)

Now that I am not painting, I am looking forward to reading more about your trip. I don't know how I would have handled such a long trip in the car. I haven't travelled like that in years!

Can't wait for the next installment! Until then..have a great afternoon!

~Crystal

2/05/2007 12:51 PM  
Blogger FTMo2 said...

Morning shmorning is for the little dirty birdies. That's what I says!

Congrats on another successful leg of the trip!

2/06/2007 6:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have yet to meet any of my bloggin' friends but hope to someday soon!

2/06/2007 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya, it's Heather From Seattle. I smiled when I red that you stayed at teh C'Mon Inn. We stayed there on our way home from Yellowstone. LOVE that place. It's awesome.

2/12/2007 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)