Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Wednesday, February 14

Valentine's Day

My little Valentine has been sick for the past couple of days. I feel so bad for him because I don't know exactly what hurts :( I know he has a little bit of a fever and a horrible cough. I'm also pretty sure he has a sore throat since the only food he's had for the last 24 hours are bottles of milk and some apple juice. I've been giving him Triaminic and Dimetapp on a regular basis and it seems to take the fever away and help his runny nose. I felt so bad for him today because he got all sorts of cool new toys for Valentine's Day. One of them being a giant red ball. The poor little guy though will play with it and end up overexerting himself which sends him into a coughing fit. And there is no stopping him if he wants to play - he just doesn't understand that he should just sit and rest.

Our Valentine's Day was nice. My Mom got off of work early and treated Logan & I to lunch at a Chinese buffet. Then later this evening Mike & I went out to dinner at TGIFriday's - very yummy!

The buyer's *fingers crossed* of our house accepted our counter-offer. They did the inspection on Monday and nothing major was found wrong. We've agreed to most of the terms they listed on the inspection and Mike faxed the paperwork back tonight. All they have to do is initial it and we will be in a contract with them. That would be so great and relieve so much stress AND we could start house hunting :)

Some of you had mentioned that the closing costs they wanted were a little steep and yes they are. Basically though if you give a mortgage broker that much money to use towards closing they will use it anyway that they possibly can. Whether it be buying down points to lower the interest rate or putting more in their pocket. What we decided to do was agree to the $10k in closing costs but raise the price we were asking on the house by another $5k - so we're giving them $5k in the end but this way they can hopefully get a better rate on the loan. Either way I'm happy since we're still coming out ahead in the long run.

*It's kind of hard to read but Logan's shirt reads "Little Casanova" - what a perfect t-shirt for Valentine's Day :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor little darling
Oh I hope he gets better real soon
Tanya is it possibly asthma?
It can be brought on by overexerting ones self and leads to coughing.
Have you taken him to the doctor?
Im praying for him

2/15/2007 3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Logan! I know there is a lot of stuff going around right now. I think Charis is getting a touch of the same stuff. She has a low grade fever, is very fussy, won't eat anything but yogurt, but constantly wants to drink milk or juice!

Congratulations on getting a contract on the house! That has to take a huge weight off your shoulders! Have fun looking for a new home! After living in the Seattle area, houses around there are going to seem a lot cheaper! :)

Keep us updated!

~Crystal

2/15/2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I hope that Logan is feeling better soon!

Hugs,
Becca

2/16/2007 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)