Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, February 22

To The Emerald City We Go

Next Wednesday Mike & I will be driving to Billings to fly out to Seattle on Thursday afternoon. I'm so excited that we get to go back there! Mike graduates from college Friday afternoon which is the main reason we are going back. And guess what? Mike gets to be one of the speakers for the ceremony! His classmates picked him along with two others - I think that is so great. I'm so proud of him to accomplish completing his degree.

Other than the graduation we don't have anything else planned yet. I'm hoping that we'll get to see some of our friends while we're there. Saturday is completely open so maybe I'll be able to convince Mike to go downtown - I can feel Crate & Barrel calling my name :) along with the cheesecake stand! (Crystal you would LOVE that place!!)

We had always planned on making it back for Mike's graduation but the plane tickets were outrageous so we didn't think it would be possible. Then early this week he got the news that they wanted him to address the class. There was no way we wanted to miss that so we scrambled to find a decent rate on airfare and possibly a hotel and car rental. It looked as though we would have to pay over $1000 to accomplish this but then Mike found a cheap fare from Minneapolis. The only problem - we would be flying on red-eye flights along with making an 8 hour drive.

The next day we again went on the internet and Mike decided to try Orbitz. We totally scored! For only $330 each we could fly out of Billings (6 hour drive) at a normal time and rent both a hotel room and a car. We'll be in Seattle from Thursday evening - Sunday morning. Still a pretty quick trip but now that we found such a great deal it will be a trip that we hopefully won't forget.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Mike for his graduation. Have fun

2/22/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

CONGRATS to Mike! Have a great trip! Seattle is on our sabbatical to do list this fall!

Hugs,
Becca

2/22/2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

HI!! I'm lucky to post these days--but I had to say hi! Is Logan feeling better?? Any idea what the bug was??? I know how it feels, and it's probably worse because Logan can't tell you what's wrong, and because he's not typically sick, everything's compounded. Scooter's sick so often it's starting to feel normal. *sigh* Yucky times. I'm SO EXCITED for your new house!! :D

2/22/2007 8:52 PM  
Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Congrats to Mike on his graduation! That's awesome. I hope you have a great Seattle trip!

Thanks for your supportive comment on my latest post. I do appreciate it! I'm so glad that your move ended up for the best!

2/22/2007 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Mike Congratulations! How wonderful to be chosen to make a graduation speech!

A store just for cheesecake?! How did I miss that when I was in Seattle (although it's been...oh goodness, about 5 years). I hope you enjoy your trip and get to see some of those friends!

Let us know how it goes!

~Crystal

2/23/2007 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. Your young man is growing so tall.

2/23/2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger Austin Stevenson Owens said...

hello, hello, hello--just checking in! :D

2/25/2007 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a great trip! Can't wait to hear about it :)

2/27/2007 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)