Mark the map!

Check out my other blog!

Thursday, August 28

Noah's Birth Story (Part 1)

OK - I finally have a little bit of time to write Noah's birth story. Mike took him up to his work and Logan is napping right now.

Before I start the official story let me just say that I completely jinxed myself and if you are pregnant you should NEVER - I repeat N-E-V-E-R joke about going into labor!! Saturday we were busy preparing for Noah's arrival by getting some stuff done around the house. I was out running errands around town and Mike & Shelia (my Aunt) were at the house working on completing the pirate ship. I got most of my errands done except some grocery shopping and mailing a gift for my friend who is due in October (Hi Minh!!) I was feeling a little tired so I decided to just come home figuring I could do those either later that night or on Sunday. Fast forward to later Saturday night and I jokingly make a comment to Mike that because I didn't make it to the grocery store I'll probably go into labor that night. We laugh because we figure "what are the chances that that will happen?". Fast forward to Mike & I lying in bed Saturday night. We're talking before we go to sleep and Mike decides to tell me that he really doesn't like the name Isaac (which is the name I had pretty much decided we would use). I ask him if he's serious and he says that yes, he is. I completely blow up and start crying saying that I can't believe he waits until NOW to tell me he doesn't like that name. Up until then I was pretty sure that we would use that name and now he decides to tell me THREE days before baby arrives that he doesn't like the name - AT ALL! I was so worked up. So those two things alone would explain why Noah decided to make his entrance Sunday afternoon. Ok - here is the story.

Early Sunday morning (around 2 AM) Logan got up to go to the bathroom. Mike went in to help him and I felt a little crampy, but didn't think anything of it. They didn't hurt too much and I kind of thought it might have been really bad heartburn. Go to about 5:30 AM and I wake up and feel really bad cramping and think "hmmm, maybe this is what early labor feels like" (since I didn't go into natural labor with Logan I wasn't too sure). I nudge Mike and ask him what time it is. He mumbles "about 5:30". I then ask him what time exactly which he then asks why and I tell him that I'm pretty sure that I'm having contractions. That grabs his attention so we then lie in bed and begin timing them. They are coming about 9 minutes apart. And then one hits at about 6 minutes.

Mike decides to start packing my suitcase for the hospital. Luckily, it's only about 7 minutes away so we figure if we forget anything he can always come back to the house later. Mike calls my Aunt Shelia to see if she can come to the house to watch Logan (my Mom & Dad were up at the lake). While she's on her way over I get into the shower. The contractions aren't nearly as bad while I'm standing and the shower is feeling really nice. I get out and get dressed and Mike gets in the shower. Shelia shows up and by looking at her face I don't think she thought I was in labor. She said I looked much too calm. Which is weird because I wasn't really freaking out and in a situation like this normally I would be completely freaking out. We get our stuff ready to go and say goodbye to Logan (he had woken up at about 6) and head out to the truck. By this time it's about 6:30 AM.

As we're driving to the hospital I realize that I'm hungry. I think it's no big deal, I figure I can just get something once we get to the hospital but Mike reminds me that they will not feed me once we get there. We decide to hit Burger King but apparently Burger King is not open at 6:40 on a Sunday morning. Luckily, there is a McDonald's along the way so we hit that. I get a breakfast sandwich and feel much better. We get to the hospital and Mike drops me off at the ER entrance. I walk up to the admitting nurse and tell her that I'm in labor. She tells me to take a seat and someone will be out with a wheelchair to take me up to the labor/delivery area. About 5 minutes later someone comes with a wheelchair and we begin our way up to the second floor which is where the labor/delivery are is at. We arrive up there and I get changed into a SEXY hospital gown and situated in my bed. The time is now 7 be continued.

Labels: ,


Blogger Scooter & Emi said...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the second installment!! xoxoxoxoxo

8/28/2008 10:06 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Wow... that was a great stopping point, you'll definatly get lots and lots of readers waiting for your next post and the rest of your story. :) Thanks for sharing.

8/28/2008 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe in a reader

RSS Feed

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)